I must admit that the first 2 days I was not enjoying my vacation at this hotel. It took us a while to figure out how the hotel worked (Basic, VIP, VIP members) and where the restaurants and shows were and so forth, but once all of that was figured out it was a nice vacation. I was more upset at the way my husband and I (with our 14 month old) were treated when after breakfast they took us to their timesharing crap and wasted 2 hours of my vacation time, when we kindly told them we were not interested they didn't give us a ''tour'' of the hotel area as promised and showed us the door. Their name tags says ''we work for you'' but if they expect to sell timeshares with that attitude they really won't get anywhere.
Putting that aside and concentrating only on the hotel..there's nothing bad that I can possibly say...I asked for a crib to be put in our room 41313 and it was done quickly, no hesitation, no missunderstandings.. I read that airconditioners and televisions didn't work, it worked fine where we were. The rooms are beautiful, speciouse and well maintained and clean. I have a 14month old baby and we didn't get sick. The food a la carte is AMAZING (we ate at the italian, seafood, mexican, indoasian and they were all excellent).
I didn't mind the walking although for those with children (like mine that still don't walk) or for the handicaped it really isn't a cup of tea whether your going to the beach or simply to go eat out and take the shuttle bus, it's a headache more then anything.
They treated us with respect, of course the entertainement group really work hard at making you feel welcomed, and they deserve props for their hard work. Snoopy, Romeo, Banana, etc. they really are great and for sure you will run into them. I was surprised that I didn't see more women entertainers which would have been fun, you mostly see is only men.
Over all you won't regret your vacation, be nice to them but if you have to put someone in their place just do so...And I strongly recommend that if you can afford to upgrade your package for VIP please do, the drinks are much more tastier, you get served by the beach with food and drinks, and of course your room is much nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata