Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$176
$250
$242
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$207
$186
  • Breakfast included
Presidential Suites by Lifestyle(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$297
$170
  • Pool
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$170
$133
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$342
$260
  • Breakfast included
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$134
$127
  • Breakfast included
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$130
$115
  • Pool
Playabachata Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$66
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

4,169 results
All reviewsthe pearlvip beachblack diamondsexy bananajunior suitevip partywelcome partyel pilonminnie mousecoco locoanimation teamblue lagooncasablanca buffetthese guysdominican restauranta la carte restaurantsstandard room
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had a terrible stay at cofresi. The room was horrible, poorly lit, the furnishings were old and ants all over. We didn't have any dressers to put our clothes in so we couldn't even unpack. When we asked for an upgrade we were told we had to pay even after we had spoken to several other guests who had gotten the upgrade for free. I guess we didn't scream loud enough. The food was terrible. They only serve the same three things for lunch every day and it was awful. The animation team works the guests for five star reviews. SO DON'T BELIEVE THOSE REVIEWS!! Management makes them do this, that's how we got duped into staying here. The grounds are nice and well kept but that's all. There are hundreds of steps and hills everywhere, it was exhausting.
If you are willing to pay for the gold band, you will probably enjoy this hotel. Any other color you are screwed as it is a caste system according to bands. Oh, and don't ask about the activities cause you can't even get the right time out of these people. Worst vacation ever!! Will never return ever!!

Room Tip: Pay for gold!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Taim7
managementteam55, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are really sorry that we did not meet your expectations, anyhow we appreciate that you took your time to write this review.
Your comments are taken very seriously, we will use it to improve our product and we apologize for not being able to help you, enjoy your vacation.
the inconveniences that you mentioned that you experienced during your stay are unacceptable, Please accept my sincerest apologies, and know that I will be discussing your comments

Best regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The resort was amazing :) loved everything, the people, the environment & the people :D I will def come again. Banana, Capuccino, & Joel the mc were great hosts :) The bartenders were also amazing :) Enjoyed the shows, the music & everything :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jasmin17x3
managementteam55, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing how much fun you had at the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa resort.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate our entertainment staff for providing a great hospitality.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My vacation in this hotel has been very great until now, every service has been good especially the entertainments and the guys that make us have much fun have been banana, bon jovi, tino, capuchino, espaghetti, and the dances of banana have been great. The shows at night have been really fun, the buffet has been good and the show on Sunday was excellent! I will honestly come back to this hotel next year

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank amy123579
managementteam55, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Below is a letter written to Cofresi over two months ago, and of course, there was no response from the company. I'll be very honest with anyone that is considering this place - I was originally very interested in this place because of the airline prices and direct flights to this destination, plus it was much cheaper than some of the other places I was looking at with my girlfriend. I also looked at others' reviews, but took them with a grain of salt because I'm a fairly easy-going person and doubted I'd have problems similar to the ones people had. I was 100% wrong and I experienced many of the same problems and more. In retrospect, I should have paid more money and gone elsewhere, this was a trip to be forgotten.

Dear LHVC and Cofresi Palm Beach and Spa Resort Customer Service,

I am writing to you unfortunately because of the extremely disappointing visit I had. I was in disbelief yesterday as I realized how excited I was to LEAVE the resort and go home.

After going back to your website again to read about all of the amenities you offer, I feel that your company misrepresents its offerings and neglects to include important supplementary information. I feel that as a consumer I was misled.

- Your website states that there are 12 restaurants available; however, nowhere is it stated that you MUST have Cofresi-issued reservations that automatically pick a restaurant and time for its guests. Also, nowhere was it stated that if you stay for a certain number of nights, that changes the number of reservations you are entitled to. (My girlfriend and I had to go out of our way every single day to TRY to get reservations at restaurants because the buffet food was horrible. (The texture and taste of things as simple as a hotdogs and hamburgers made me question the source of the meat. )

- The website states there are 3 nightclubs; however, there is nothing on the site that tells when they are available. (We visited ICE and Colisseum on two different nights and they were both empty)

- In addition to the difficulty in obtaining reservations for restaurants, we were unhappy that the gentlemen in white-collared shirts, clipboards, and long slacks told us incorrect information. More than 2 employees told us that we may take a chance and go to ANY restaurant we want, and that they may or may not serve us. Guest Services on the other hand told us that showing up to any restaurant without a reservation was forbidden and we'd be turned down.

- On one occasion when talking to Juan-?, we told him that we wanted to try to get a reservation and he said that Warin was our personal concierge and would take care of us. Trusting Juan, we walked down a pathway to meet Warin, we explained our situation, and he nodded and said he'd help us. He then took my girlfriend and I in his golf cart, down to the VIP World Offices where we were dropped off and he just left. Unbelievable.

- Upon arriving, my girlfriend and I were issued a room key, the room had two beds and a bathroom light that was out. It took 2 hours to get a room that was suitable for a couple going on their first vacation together. Although the bed was now much bigger, it was extremely uncomfortable.

- It was very discouraging to see how differently VIP members and non-VIP members were treated. Employees bent over backwards for VIPs, while non-VIPs were almost shunned.

- My girlfriend and I were fully aware of the dangers of drinking the tap water and we took all precautions when it came to consuming food and drink. She became sick two out of the four nights we were there, and I became sick on the last night. Diarrhea, vomit, and fever certainly put a damper on our trip.

Room Tip: Check all the outlets, mattress, television, etc. before accepting a room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MikeW_123321
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Confresi Palm is a nice place to stay for a visit. My husband and I arrived on Friday afternoon and it was very confusing. The huge crowd was a turnoff but then again we had a great deal that we decided to take advantage of. We didn't know where we could eat, each place told us we needed reservations. I was starved and had never experienced this. But cheap tickets means cheap treatment and services. As long as you recognize that you will be fine. You definitely get what you pay for. Cheap Caribbean was the company that we booked through. Never again! We ended up going to the international buffet at the Pearl. Not bad but not great either. My husband and I live in an area that allows us to sample foods from a variety of countries/cultures. We are used to fine dining at home. But, when you are hungry, you will be satisfied with anything edible. We later had dinner at Simply Gourmet. Dinner was very impressive. We ended up becoming VIPs and have not regretted it. I highly recommend Serenity Beach, it is heavenly. We spoke to Jaila (hope I have the right spelling) who was very helpful. Will be coming back as VIP members in November!!!!

Room Tip: We had a junior suite in the 300 buildings. I saw one reviewer state that the 300 block was great. It was ok. Nothing to write home about. The AC worked fine, but hot water was nonexistent. My showers were lukewarm, at best. Next time I would like to stay in a villa, but that is just my personal opinion.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kaismima

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate your review published on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your remarks and especially we are happy to know that you had a great vacation at our Resort.

Thank you for recommending Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort in the near future.
Please keep in mind that we will be pleased to welcome you back.

Best regards,