Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Let's start off with staff. Most were very friendly and helpful. The front desk was pretty good but could be a little more accomadating.The timeshare people are going to bother you a bit but not to the extent of bugging you but they do ask almost everyday until you go or give them a firm I don't have the time or desire, then they will back off. The bartenders were excellent as were all of the restraunt servers. My biggest problem with the Bars were the fact that they use the worst liqour they could buy. Very bad well stuff. VIP beach had top shelf but that was it. I mostly stuck with beer as it was good. That would be the only major thing they should fix. A small tip goes a long way and I did not feel any type of pressure from any server looking for a tip. I tipped as I seemed fit which was around $100 or so over the week.. The maids were also very good, again a couple a buck a day can make a great day for you and them. The food was pretty good and there was plenty of variety to please almost anyones palate. The buffet at confressi was much better than lifestyles. We only ate at one specialty restraunt which was Trapiche the mexican, which was awesome. The pools were always clean and boy are there plenty of them. The resort itself is huge, I mean huge. Confressi seemed to have the more happening pools. The beach was nice and the water was decent also.VIP beach area was nice. The service there was good. Better if you tipped , after all they are bringing food and drink right to your cabana. The sunday night VIP party is an absolute MUST. The food and show are incredible. Oh yeah the rooms. They are a bit dated but they are clean and well appointed for what you need. Our A/C worked great, actually pretty cold.But all we use our room for is sleeping and getting ready to go back out. Overall I would recomend this resort to anyone with an open mind and looking for fun or a relaxing vacation. The ritz it is not but it is a very nice 3 star hotel. My wife wanted to book for next year already and she never says that. Oh and the locals seemed very inviting and friendly, never felt threatend in anyway out of the resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,845)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

To start off with, when I booked the deal I purchased, everything in the title, including the title to this current review page said, "Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa". So imagine my surprise and confusion when we get to the hotel and no one explains that there are two separate sides to the resort, the "Tropical" side and the "Cofresi" side. When we pull up we have no idea that we are supposed to exit the van. Problem #1. In the next interaction phase, we notice that it is complete chaos when we pull up to the hotel, 50 people waiting with luggage outside and 50 more people, in no particular order, mind you, trying to check in. We must have been cut in front of 6 times before we ourselves had to say something. After waiting for 30 minutes to check in, we finally make it to the counter. Problem #2. Here is where problem #3 makes us wonder if we should just turn around and go back home. No one at the counter tells us anything about the resort, activities, pools, rules...ANYTHING. We are given our room # and told to go give it to the bellhop (who is still 50 people deep with apparent check-out people). After trying to figure out how to get to our room through the shuttle we make it.

The room is the only saving grace out of this whole experience...for us (we talked to probably 20 different guests who had either moved, been moved or complained so much they were moved to other rooms). When we make it down to the pool, about 20 minutes after arriving to our room and decompressing from the madness that we had just encountered, we are extremely disappointed to find that only ONE kind of beer is offered and extremely unhealthy and disgusting alcohol choices (Royal brand apparently has this All Inclusive under lock and key).

Throughout our experience in the 7 days we stayed here is a summary of what we learned:

* In order to find out what is going on as far as activities, when food is served, how late pools are open, etc. you need to communicate with other guests of the hotel. Asking someone that works at this resort ANYTHING is impossible due to their poor attitudes and general distaste to help you find anything.

* No one that works there tells you that, if you go over to the, "Tropical" side of the resort, they have higher end liquor that is part of your inclusive package (we found this out, AGAIN, through a guest of the hotel) and 3 days into our trip.

* The staff here is, overly sexual, angry, and in general does not go out of their way to help you with anything that you may have a question on. I was completely mortified at the entertainment directors for their pelvic thrusting moves and overly provocative attitude towards women. Hand touching, kissing of the hands, and most absurdly the staring at young women who are clearly not there with a male counterpart. When we went to leave on our final day, they have a, "key for a towel policy". Bring your key and you get a towel, however when we went to get our key back so we weren't charged $20 for it, the "employee", stated he didn't have any keys...yet while we sat in the cabana watching the ocean, we noticed he was giving out keys left and right. I don't remember doing anything personal to him...maybe he was just angry he worked for such a crappy hotel.

* The food is a joke. The fact that they basically tell you when and where you can eat is ridiculous. They are so quick to say how many restaurants they have to eat at, however you can't even think about going if you don't have a reservation. INSANE! That is borderline crazy. If I wanted a vacation where all I was able to eat was a buffet, I would have stayed home and went to McDonald's for 7 days. I realize you can go to guest services and SEE if someone canceled their reservation at a restaurant that I want to eat at, but if they didn't then I am out of luck.

The hotel and grounds were clean, there are no complaints there. Good job Lifestyle.

However, as stated above, the lack of help that is offered, the fact that there is not a healthy serving choice of food options, not to mention times that we could eat, made this trip a complete waste of time.

I will never EVER book through CheapCaribbean again, based on the fact that not one person I spoke to at the resort said they would ever be back to the resort, CheapCaribbean seems to not care who they partner with as far as hotels, because no one in their right mind would partner with this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cappucino made my vacation very good and enjoyable. Supertino and the other animation staff kept us all entertained. Blacky, Banana, spaghetti, Bonjovi and a Barbie and Jogi all had amazing service. Thank you all!

• Stayed: May 2013
managementteam55, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing how much fun you had at the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa resort.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate our entertainment staff for providing a great hospitality.

Best Regards,

The management,

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'm on vacation at Cofresi palm resort and I am having an excellent time. The entertainment with Mr. Blackie, Bon Jovi, Capucino, Banana, Supertino and Spaghetti is top notch! I would recommend this resort to all my friends and family! I will definitely be returning in the future. The VIP party last night was off the chain, lots of good food plenty of drinks and many beautiful women!

• Stayed: May 2013
managementteam55, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Best Regards,

The Management

Reviewed May 27, 2013

After staying at the lifestyle villas for 5 days in May, it was amazing. Service was incredible and staff was very very friendly. Mr. Blackie blackie was the best entertainment at the Confressi Palm. He was fun, ran all the games and kept us entertained! This was my first time at confressi palm and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The resort was beautiful and and gorgeous. One of the things I liked the most was the service. Everyone was very friendly and always willing to show us a great time. There was a welcome party on Sunday that was great ! The food was delicious and the entertainment was on point with dancing and lots of music. There was also a party on Thursday with a foam party music and food. Our stay was great. I will definitely visit again. Bon jovi sprague super tino cappuccino banana blackie yogui Berlin .......

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I loved the VIP Party... it was soo nice.. Dominican Republic really knows how to party.. had so much fun here the people are great and the workers are so nice..young espaguetis super tino blacky yogui dj berlin moskito bon jovi capuccino banana young espaguetis barbie

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family