Previous reviews made me nervous about the groupon deal that we booked, but I am glad that we didn't listen to them. I went with my friend, a single girls tropical vacation, and we had an amazing time.
Our room was in the 42 building and I have no real complaints. Our fridge was well stocked and we had more than enough towels for the 2 of us. The beds weren't the most comfortable ever but when we asked, we were given extra mattress pads over the mattress. I actually appreciated all of the stairs because we overindulged on food and fruity rum drinks...so the exercise was welcome! We did utilize the shuttle service at times, which was as good as any "public" transportation can be I suppose.
A representative found us on the morning of our 2nd day there. We were already interested in the VIP upgrade but didn't know what it entailed exactly. I enjoyed the tour and found our rep to be very helpful. I have to admit, I was sold when we were given pina coladas at Serenity Beach. My friend and I were offered a deal that worked for 2 young single professionals. We obviously aren't going to be shareholders anytime soon and he knew that. It was very reasonable considering we plan on vacationing together in the future. I appreciated the flexibility of the contract. When we start our own familiies, we can branch off to our own contracts. I didn't feel pressured at all.
We had 2 reservations originally, and when we upgraded we were given reservations at the VIP restaurants for the rest of our stay. Honestly, members should have this perk. All of the restaurants were wonderful. Just that perk was worth the upgrade when you consider you would probably be paying $80/person at any of those restaurants normally. The buffets really weren't bad. Sure, they probably would have gotten old after awhile, but there was a great variety at each of them.
Obviously, the service increased when we were upgraded to the gold bands...you get what you pay for. However, we felt the service was more than adequate before the upgrade. We treated the staff with respect and tipped those that deserved it and were treated very well.
I think that the people who gave bad reviews went in expecting to receive VIP service while paying the groupon rate. That is pretty unrealistic...life doesn't really work like that. I would have had a wonderful vacation whether we upgraded or not. I am very happy we did though. We will certainly be coming back and also will be planning vacations to the other parts of the world that we now have access to. I do highly suggest this resort and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata