Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
$160
$155
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$158
$154
  • Breakfast included
Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$160
$122
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$150
  • Breakfast included
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$241
  • Breakfast included
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Hotels.com
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$151
$103
$130
$111
  • Pool
$148
Travelocity
PlayaBachata Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$76
TripAdvisor
4,134 results
All reviewsthe pearlvip beachjunior suiteminnie mousevip partysexy bananawelcome partyel pilonblue lagooncasablanca buffetanimation teamdominican restaurantthese guysstandard roomcoco locofoam partyocean world
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was the worst all inclusive resort I ever stayed at. I wasnt going to wright a bad review but after reading some of these reviews I feel I have to tell the truth. The sewage smell was horrible . The room was terrible the main door looked like it had been knocked down and stuck back up . The patio door didnt lock. The window in the bathroom was falling out. The buffet was the worst ever , whatever you do don't get a smoothie. Over 100 steps from my room to the restaurants and lobby, The front desk people won't make eye contact with you , very rude and don't give any info unless you ask a specific question. Like do I need a towel card do I neeed the lock for a safe is it a extra charge etc. The restaurants . you have to make reservations thats ok, however you better be the first in line and even then don't count on gettig the one you want. They leave a note under your door around 4:00 pm letting you know which one you got. I never got into the Brazilian one it was never available. The others were crap. I got the VIP pass included in the Cheap caribbean package what a joke . When we went to the VIP Bali Beds There was 2 women fighting over a bed security was call etc. I talked to a few gold band Vip at the vip bar and they werent to happy either seems if you dont have the right gold band you get hounded to upgrade that. I tipped everybody it didn't help .I could go on but Im done.
I will never go back to this dump again. I have been to Mexico, Jamaica and other caribbean resorts this was the worst

I dont think cheap caribbean or anyother agent should be selling this place.and for that reason I will not be usiing CC for my next vacation in Punta Cana Im sure this review makes no differents to the hotel or CC but I feel better telling the truth about this place so no one makes the same mistake I did

Room Tip: Don't go here save your mony for a good resort
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Frank E
managementteam55, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are really sorry that we did not meet your expectations, anyhow we appreciate that you took your time to write this review.
Your comments are taken very seriously, we will use it to improve our product and we apologize for not being able to help you, enjoy your vacation.
We are working to completely eliminate the bad smell, this is not a constant problem and we are sorry that it coincided with your stay here with us.
I am very surprised that you did not obtain a la cart reservations, because we have enough sits, to avoid this to happen.
If someone at the front desk was rude to you, this is completely unacceptable, we normally only receive good comments about our front desk staff, but there can be one of our employees that have not completely understood our philosophy at LifeStyle and we apologise for this.

Best Regards,
Teresa Pont
Hotel manager

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had a lot of fun at the resort, the restaurants were good and the pools were nice and clean. Also the hospitality was great specially from Sexy Blackie.
The activities were fun including learning how to dance bachata

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
managementteam55, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing how much fun you had at the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa resort.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate Sexy Blackie for providing a great hospitality.

Best Regards,
Teresa Pont
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2012

First let me start by saying this place has to be the worst resort I have ever been to. At arrival if you do not have your confirmation printed out it will take at least 2 hours for you to be checked into your room. Service was terrible. The people at the front desk were rude and not helpful at all. This was just the start of our trip. When I checked into the room our fridge was empty and the bed was full of red ants. I am still suffering from red ant bites. Maid service cleaned the room but ants were a huge problem. There are several restaurants on this resort but if you are not a VIP member you will be only allowed to eat in the buffet. Now the buffet was terrible. Most of the food was cold and tasteless. We wound up eating off the resort most of the time. When my wife asked for egg whites the chef got extremely annoyed and started speaking in Spanish. The only thing good about this hotel was the pool but that closed at 7pm every night so you are limited to activities after that. I do not recommend this establishment to anyone and would not return for free. We travel every August for a family vacation consisting of 32 people and everyone besides the children were disappointed.

7  Thank khasai_stayfly
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I just returned today from a family vacation, with about 35 of my family members. Although the resort itself was decent, it was very inconsistent, inefficient, and not streamlined. There were some very pleasant people, but unfortunately, the bad outweighed the good. It appears that if you're not a member, you're treated like a second class citizen. In addition, upon check in, they wanted a hard copy of my confirmation, although I only had an electrical one. Yet they told me, they had no printer for me to print it out. Even though I showed them my iPhone, with the information, and they had my name on two envelopes, they refused to budge. They then told me that I had to call expedia, and pay the fee to call. After nearly 2 hours at the check in desk, the manager, Cesar, finally let me come downstairs to print out the page, when they also messed up the amount of people in my 2 booked rooms (I had 3 children with me). The manager then had the nerve to tell me that my 2 hrs at the check in desk was okay because check in was at 3.
In addition, some of the staff was rude! When I asked for an egg white, the man gave me a complete attitude about it. Everything appears to close super early as well. This resort could have potential, but their lack of concern for their guests, and customer service is unacceptable! I would not go back. There is so much more, but I'd be typing too long.

Room Tip: Jr suites and villas are much nicer. Get your walking shoes!
7  Thank Asia E
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My most recent stay at Cofresi Palm Beach Resort & Spa was not as enjoyable as my original stay when it was named Sun Village. First, my family, friends and I had initially reserved our three rooms via their on-line reservation system. We get to the hotel and they could not confirm our stay. Even after my wife had called earlier that same morning to confirm. My party and I drove from Samana to Puerto Plata, which is a ways. Though we did manage to rebook there at the hotel after a significant wait at the front desk in the lobby. Each of our three rooms had an issue; each party was only issued one room key card, which was annoying. You pretty much have to coordinate everything you did with your roommate instead of just coming and going as you please. In one room the ac was not working, in another no hot water, the door handle in my room was not secure and I had to keep adjusting it, holding the inner and outer door handles together to reattach and align properly. Basically, the rooms are poorly maintained. The beach not nearly has pleasant has others I've been to on the island; in comparrison to other beaches on the island I've been to it's by far the worst beach. However, you do have a lot of pool options. From my understanding reservations for more of the nicer restaurants can only be done in the early morning hours, so if you party all night or simply just like to sleep in like myself, good luck dining any where else besides the International Buffet. Although, the food offered in the buffet is pretty, pretty,... pretty,... good. More than likely I will not be patronizing Cofresi Palm Beach Resort & Spa again. Not unless it changes it's name back to the Sun Village, with the previous ownership group and all the components that made me want to initially revisit this resort. - W. Akers Jr. 08/08/2012 - 08/10/2012

4  Thank WAkersJr