We were a little nervous about our vacation after having read some of the very negative comments about this hotel. We are scuba divers that have visited many hotels on many different islands in the Caribbean. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel's terrific food, hospitable staff, beautiful pools, terraced hotel units and landscaping. Kudoes to Milton, one of the bartenders at a nearby pool and Indiana in guest reservations. Milton was the epitome of Caribbean hospitality and Indiana helped us navigate the minor difficulties associated with making dinner reservations. The wait staff in all the restaurants and the cleaning staff that serviced our room also did great jobs.
We particularly enjoyed dining at the Mexican and Brazilian restaurants and were blown away by the outdoor Super Bowl party. Guests watched the game on giant movie theatre-sized screens and were also treated to projected "in house" entertainment that filled the commercial gaps of the game. Thousands of Super Bowl guests dined on split lobster tails, filet mignon, delicious salmon, and countless other entrees, sides and desserts. This extravaganza was topped off by an unbelievable fireworks display. We were overwhelmed by the entire production.
The negatives for our stay were minor annoyances. Our room was a bit dated and in need of a cosmetic makeover. There was no dresser, only recessed shelves to store clothes. We don't spend much time in our rooms during our vacation so the room's "lack of elegance" doesn't bother us much. During the late morning and afternoon hours we were bothered by helicopter flyovers that were bringing some guests into the adjoining resort. The beach is fair, not very good for snorkeling and maintaining balance in the water is difficult in many areas. The major annoyance is the "herd of white polo-shirted headhunters" that congregate by the restaurants and pools looking to kidnap guests for timeshare presentations. We told these gentlmen that we were already timeshare owners and had no interest at all in their "vacation deals". They tell you they want to take you on a tour of the resort and you wind up being pitched something you don't want. Once they are made to realize you aren't a prospective buyer they leave you alone.
On the whole the resort is very beautiful with terrific dining and entertainment. If you look past the minor annoyances you will be very pleasantly pleased with a most enjoyable vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata