“Nice find for good food”
Review of TOSTACOS & SUSHITO

TOSTACOS & SUSHITO
Ranked #23 of 123 Restaurants in Puerto Plata
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Is A Local Place, For Mexican, Dominican And Sushi Food, Allways Cool Beer, Fresh Local Tropical Fruit Juices, The Mofongo Is To Die For, The Place Is Totally Casual, Fast Take Out Service, Under A Mango Tree, Stone Tables, In The Patio With A Tropical Garden, Best Place For Soft Tacos, Fried Green Plantain Filled With Your Choice Of Meat
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went here because we won the free meal certificate they donated to a children's charity fundraiser. The freebie brought us there, but we will definitely be going back. The place is simple and we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. We all ordered from the mexican menu - burrito, nachos and tacos - all of which were very good. Plenty of food for the price. Think this will be a regular place for us in Puerto Plata.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Didn't expect to find the best sushi I've tried in the Dominican Republic, but it was so good we went back the next night! Cheers to the friendly staff and for the assistance with translating the menu and for the giant juices!

1  Thank ellen_nz
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a very decent place to eat; they have two menus, one for sushi and the other for Mexican/Tex-Mex items. This is more like a semi upscale fast-food type of place for Dominican standards. My friend and I ordered three Presidente beers and two items from each menu: From the sushi menu, a 'Sushito' roll (very good!) and a 'nigiri' eel sushi (not so good). From the Mexican menu, we ordered a smashed 'maduro' plantain topped with chicken, cheese, etc. and a 'Burrito'. The food and the service were good. We spent about $30 for this meal and felt that it was a decent price for what we got. The place is nicely located in a calm street and has a very nice outdoor seating area. I loved the tables made out of a natural-cut rock slaps held by old Singer sawing machine metal stands.

1  Thank jmartinezclark
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

They do not have a large menu for Japanese but they have good rolls. My fav is the Sushito. Interesting mix of avacado, sweet plantain, tempura shrimp and 2 different sauces drizzled over top. Always fresh.
Haven't personally tried the Mexican dishes but friends that I have dined with said the Mexican food to be very average. I only go there when I am in the mood for a japanese roll. A little pricey.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love sushi in general so that wasnt a problem for me at all. it was just very good and tasty at the same time.... double wow!!