“Comfortable and Good Service”
Review of Diwa Dominicana

Diwa Dominicana
Ranked #18 of 48 Tours in Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving in the Dominican Republic Puerto Plata!We provide quality customer service in English, Spanish and Danish, and above all a very friendly and professional environment.We scuba dive in Puerto Plata and Sosua in the Dominican Republic, it offers ideal conditions for scuba diving and snorkeling, as the bay is relatively calm all year round. Perfect place for beginners and more experienced scuba divers. Only a 20 min drive AWAY.Sosua Bay offers beautiful dive sites, you can enjoy the "Zingara Wreck" at depth 28-36m and the "Tree Rocks" at 10-20m. There are more than 15 different places to dive, offering a wide variety of sites for all scuba divers.We provide dive packages for certified, PADI diving courses, specialty courses, discover scuba diving and snorkeling.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Once I decided on this operation, it was easy to communicate and reserve time. Katija and ChiChi are a great team and my dive buddy was Analdo who was very helpful. The overall dive quality is always dependent on what is in the water and Sosua Bay is a little less than other parts of the Caribbean. I did see a rock fish, a few eels, and a some large canyons.

Katija and ChiChi picked me up each morning from my hotel - the Casa Colonial. We would then drive to the dive shop to pick up the gear. The price included all the gear you may need - BC, wetsuit, tanks, regs, fins, et al. (The water is warm enough to simply wear a rash guard)

Then the team drove us to Sosua Bay. There are a lot of dive shops in the area but ChiChi is the only local Dominican operator. Very helpful when it came to getting some snacks and coffee before and after the dives.

The boat is not a typical dive boat. Meaning, its a simple boat with an outboard motor. The first dive I put my tank together as is customary with most good dive shops. Its important for divers to see and connect their own tanks prior to the first dive.

We pushed the boat out into the water and jumped in. The one thing I wonder about is if elderly people were diving, how might they get into the boat...should be fine but something to consider if you have some knee issues.

All in all, it was the best value for the four dives I did. I got one on one attention since it was down time in DR. The service was impeccable and I made new friends with this dive shop. I will certainly go back and dive with them again. I would also encourage people to get certified with them as I am going to go back and get my advanced certificate.

Dive time takes about 4 hours from start to finish but all the dives are close to shore. So no long boat rides are necessary.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Puerto Plata for three weeks, where the most of the vacation was spent with Diwa Dominicana, Chi Chi , Katja and Moizes. Chi Chi is the absolute best instructor and makes you feel relaxed and 100% safe, and and also the equpiment is in great condition. I would recommend him and Diwa Dominicana to everyone. Never been diving before when I took the open water course and open water advanced course and then some dives.. I do not think I had done it if it were not for Chi Chi and his skills. Paradise Island, with the beautiful coral reefs, the dudu ( cave ), sosua with all the different dive sites and where we saw the dolphins and had the night dives, the Singara wreck... just to mention some of our experience:):) If you are thinking of diving I would recommend Diwa Domincana and Chi Chi. They are the best!! We already booked our trip for next year to dive with them.

1  Thank slille
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I took the open water certification course this week and it was perfect! There is no way you can find a better instructor than Chi Chi! He makes you feel 100% safe and is very patient with diving newbies. Chi Chi has a wealth of knowledge and we can't wait to get back to Puerto Plata to continue our dive education!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

ChiChi makes diving a wonderful experience every time and you always feel safe and relaxed. The dive equipment is top-notch and while diving, ChiChi points out anything you might have missed seeing! Katja takes care of all details efficiently and makes planning a breeze.

Going diving or snorkeling in the D.R.? I highly recommend Diwa....they are simply the best!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I came to DR just to do a week of diving. I'm from Ohio and was to have a week of sub zero temperatures so I came to get away and dive. I got my open water certification a few years ago here. I was only planning to dive but Chi Chi was so good I decided to get my Advanced open water certification. I'm glad I did on account it really helped me out when I went diving in Cozumal in March. I hope to be back again next January and dive with Chi Chi.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction