“Awesome instructors... Great experience over all..”
Review of Diwa Dominicana

Diwa Dominicana
Ranked #17 of 45 Tours in Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving in the Dominican Republic Puerto Plata!We provide quality customer service in English, Spanish and Danish, and above all a very friendly and professional environment.We scuba dive in Puerto Plata and Sosua in the Dominican Republic, it offers ideal conditions for scuba diving and snorkeling, as the bay is relatively calm all year round. Perfect place for beginners and more experienced scuba divers. Only a 20 min drive AWAY.Sosua Bay offers beautiful dive sites, you can enjoy the "Zingara Wreck" at depth 28-36m and the "Tree Rocks" at 10-20m. There are more than 15 different places to dive, offering a wide variety of sites for all scuba divers.We provide dive packages for certified, PADI diving courses, specialty courses, discover scuba diving and snorkeling.
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome instructors... Great experience over all..”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Read really good reviews on Tripadvisor about these guys and we set an appointment. They picked us up, gave us detailed instructions on what was planned for us. I have never dived before but they really made me feel very comfortable with everything. On our way to the dive site Chi Chi (our instructor) suggested other things we should try while we were on the island. We had a great and comfortable experience with him during the dive. It being my first time I felt very comfortable and relaxed with Chi Chi. I will definitely have to do this again with these guys when I return to Puerto Plata. CCruz

Visited October 2013
4 Thank ccruz2013

New City, New York
“Great Diving and Excellent Instructors!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I traveled to Puerto Plata with my boyfriend in October 2013. I am a certified SCUBA diver, however my boyfriend has never gone diving before. After reading all of the great reviews about DIWA, I emailed Katja prior to our arrival. They were very accommodating and picked us up at our hotel. Katja made my boyfriend very comfortable about diving. She gave him an official PADI discover scuba diving book and prepared him for the dive prior to going to the dive site. ChiChi was our dive instructor. He was fabulous! He really went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and show us a good time. The dive site that we went to was beautiful. We will definitely be contacting DIWA for another dive when we return to DR!

Susie & Cristian

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“These guys are great!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at a nearby resort but knew before arriving we wanted to go diving. Rather than book thru the resort we tired DIWA because of their rating and because they looked like a real dive operation (not like the resort which was all about booking and getting deposits).

there were 4 of use in our party and 5 divers on our boat. it was a very initimate day of diving. we did 2 one tank dives with 2 great dive masters. I had some issues with boyancy and (ear) clearing. one dive master basically buddied with me the entire time so that my husband's dive would not be hindered by my issues. I am pretty confident i would not have gotten such great attention from the resort dive trip (I am basing this on the experience of the resort itself and the fact that all the 'salesmen' were not divers themselves).

i can say the only negative about this experience is that we had to pay cash rather than credit card. the only reason this comes up negative is because we mis-understood this and were not fully prepared with enough cash to pay for the dive and shop in the little village afterward....but then again, there were a lot of trinkets i really did not need, so in the end its all good!!!

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Wading River, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Dive great operation”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We dove while visiting for a wedding in Puerto Plata (8/13). We have been diving for a while and wanted to dive outside the resort that caters to new divers. We read reviews and decided to dive with Diwa Dominicana. They were easy to contact on the web and they set our dive up for a Friday morning. We were picked up at our lobby and were brought to the dive shop where we met with Katja and Chi chi who set us up with equipment and brought to Sosua. We decided on two dives which ended up great. We saw eels, trumpet fish, angel fish, anemones and the coral reef. It was a fun trip and our dive master was very knowledgeable and took care of the 4 of us. I would definitely recommend this dive company.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“absolute amazing time diving with chi chi!!!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

had fantastic service and experience diving with chi chi at DIWA diving in Dominican republic. He and his awesome wife were quick to go above and beyond to make my diving as simple as possible. Ive dove all over the world and had both great and horrible dive shop service and I have to admit while DR is not necessarily known for its diving I had an absolute fantastic time spending my days with Chi Chi and can't wait to return. They are worth every penny and deserve a top notch rating....Definitely dive with DIWA!!!!!

-laura szymanski , Chicago, Il