My boyfriend and I (both 27) booked this weekend trip (Fri-Sun) through book.it and ordered a more expensive "Standard Plus room" rather than the "Standard room"... What a BAD decision....
The room we got was on the ground floor with terrible tiled flooring indoors that made us basically freeze while we were there. Believe me when I say, I felt as if I was staying in a garage... The room is extremely big, the bathroom really small (who was the architect for this room???)
My suggestion is, once at check in, ASK AND REQUEST a room higher up, with a balcony...This room had no balcony, no gate, nothing...it was open to all passers-by, and I didn't even open the windows while we were there, because of how accessible it was to all the views..I couldn't leave my bathing suit to dry, nothing... Basically, NO PRIVACY.
I was told that this was a "Standard Plus Room" we paid for..although I doubt it... The other rooms cannot be "Standard rooms" (CHEAPER) with nice views and beautiful balconies with chairs and tables.
The housekeeping came both days and we were really happy with the cleanliness of our accommodation. Thumbs up for Ana, our housekeeper!
I have to express my extreme satisfaction with the ANIMATION team. They are amazing..They are so energetic and you will not be bored. We played beach volleyball, water-polo, made sushi in cooking class, played poker with prizes, had a beer-drinking competition...Thumbs up for the animation team! Great job guys!
The food is good. I suppose that when you stay for only 2 days, you can't experience food repetition, as some mentioned in their reviews... I was happy with the choice of food and drink available during the meals. I suggest eating at the main restaurant by the pool all meals... The restaurant available down by the beach carries only a few choices and they do repeat. It's OK if you're hungry during the night, as it's open 24hrs...and the food is freshly prepared.
The bartenders are really great people... Any of the bars you go to you will be really pleased with the service. They are quick and always have a smile on their face. I suggest the pina colada served in the pineapple shell..I drank it at the pool bar (the one inside the pool, not by the pool).. AMAZING!!!
If you're heading to the Blue Bay, enjoy your stay...(just ask for a high room, not ground floor, check with your travel agent and pay a little more if it's needed....It's worthwhile!)
I would return to Blue Bay under the condition of getting a different room.
One more word of advice, if you're booking through bookit.com, the pictures of the rooms show the inside of the villa, not the room you're reserving. The villa is $50 more per person per day...it's not the standard room...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic