BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)
6,032 results
All reviewsjames bondblue baycoca colaalfredospa poolbeach barthe oriental restaurantjade gardenanimation teamteddy bearel doradothe grillseafoodchateaubrianda la carte restaurantsan adults only resorttime share
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2007

We stayed there for about 5 days from July 9-13. We live in Miami and it is not a long trip for us.

We did not know what to expect of a 4 star hotel. However we were not dissapointed. To begin, the lobby and buffet area are outdoors and do not have air conditioner. The lobby is nice. The rooms were great and spacious.
Everyone is willing to help and serve you. The bar in the pool is great and comes in handy.
The beach is beautiful. However there are people selling different things all the time. Just tell them 'no' and they walk away.
The food was good and they offered a lot of variety. The a la carte restaurants were wonderful. We opted for the Oriental and the Fish Restaurants. However, the other couple traveling with us opted for the Grille (meat) Restaurants and they were not at all impressed.
Now for the best part of the hotel...the entertainment staff.
They worked extra long hours and were always happy. They walked around and interacted with the people. We loved them all (Reuben, Isabel, Skinny, Lorenzo, Tony Montana and Sexy Robert). We played pool volleyball, beach volleyball and participated in dancing.
An advice to travelers....we wanted to buy Dominican Rum as it is great. We paid a Taxi $15 to take us to a local supermarket. There we bought Brugal (local rum) for about $7 a bottle. However at the airport you can find the bottles for $8. We first found them at the airport for $13.00, then we kept walking and found it for $10.00 and then for $8.00. Sometimes it may be worth to purchase them at the airport unless you want an authentic Dominican experience.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank pub66s
Reviewed July 8, 2007

This hotel is first class. The food is great the staff are great and the accomodation is great. We booked last minute and were overjoyed at the standard of the hotel. No complaints what so ever!!! The entertainment team work 9am - midnight on a daily basis, they are all really nice and are good fun. We had heard there was a sexual theme to the entertainment which is a lot of rubbish. The bar at the entertainment closes at midnight but the 24 hour bar is only a few steps away on the beach. They also serve food (cheeseburgers, pizza etc). Stay away from the 151 rum you can run you car on it!! The pictures on the web and in the holiday books do not do the Blue Bay justice.
ABSOLUTLEY FIRST CLASS *****

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kara F
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I stayed here in June 2007 for 1 week. I found the resort very relaxing, no kids around to make noise and very few guests as it was low season. The a la carte choices were great, good entertainment and very nice rooms. I stayed in a villa it was extremely spacious and comfortable. The beach bar was open 24 hours so we were never bored, ( even at 3 am in the morning)! The nerby plaza is overpriced so bring what you need from home i.e. bug spray, sunscreen, etc...overall I had absolutely no complaints about the resort and would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LynnLynn
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I vacationed in Blue Bay April 7-15 2007 My friend and I Loved the whole experience. The service was amazing. The Animation crew great fun. The rooms and grounds were absolutely beautiful . I do have a small complaint but it had nothing to do with the hotel or staff. I am just wondering if anyone else may have had this experienc. if so I would love some help with it as I am having a difficult time with Signature vacations. The rep we had Stephan we found terribly unprofessional and information was not explanitory. I have much more to say about the whole rep experience but won't rant at you here just wondering if I could compare experiences with others. Also had some personal belongings go missing from our transport back to the airport. thanks to all who will read ......Honey

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank honeybear9267
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I don't know why people are getting so carried away with this resort
I'm being generous when I say that it's just about above average.
Sure it's clean and the staff are pretty polite and helpful, but this
is certainly no 5, even 4, star resort.

The food in the buffet restaurant is distinctly average, except at breakfast when it's just poor. Credit where it's due, the seafood restaurant is excellent and one of the best features of the hotel.

The cocktails were bad, which was a disappointment as they are of course included and would have paid to get a decent drink.

The 4-poster beds around the second pool and beach were a nice touch;
in fact the mattress and pillows were far more comfortable than in the rooms.

I think that this does have the potential to be a top hotel and appreciate that it's only been placed under new administration and subsequently renovated, in the last six months or so, the free interenet via wi-fi laptops was a nice surprise.

It needs jazzing up a bit. The decor is just a bit bland and appearances can make a big difference when it comes to perception and ambience. For me the animation team are a little in-yer-face. Whilst I appreciate that a lot of people want to get involved in the activities, sometimes it can be a bit overbearing when you just want to relax.

If I had expected this resort to be a 3 - 3.5 rating I would not have
been disappointed but I was led to believe this was a 4.5 and therefore went with expectations far too high.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple