Tripadvisor
Puerto Plata
7,331 results
All reviews blue bay alfredo spa pool the oriental restaurant beach bar animation team jade garden teddy bear seafood the grill steak restaurant a la carte restaurants an adults only resort time share dominican republic fried chicken beach vendors
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Would we go back? No!
Would I recommend it? No!
Is it as bad as the reviews make it out to be? No!
On arrival the room was not what we paid for. We paid for an upgrade to Superior but they had no info on the upgrade. We checked out 4 rooms before we were satisfied. This room was actually a Superior Plus room right beside the pool so on Christmas Eve the music was very loud. After that the other 6 nights were good. In the room the safe(Which you pay for) did not work(it was replaced)The phone did not work(said it was due to the rain & the repair company was not available due to the holidays). It did start working a couple of days later, then went out again.(due to the rain ??)These were our only complaints.
Beach - ok
Pool - ok
Buffet - Good(Always something to find that you like)
Entertainment - ok
Foam party - Excellent!
People - Great
Alcohol - Great ;)
We tried all the restaurants but only really liked El Dorado which is grilled meats.
Besides that you make your vacation the best you can! Have fun!

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank stevenmL3507VX
STEPHANIE152019, guest service at BlueBay Villas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear customer,

We thank you so much for having selected BlueBay Villas Doradas to spend your holidays.

On behalf of the entire staff of our hotel we want to thank you for sharing your comments and highlight each point of improvement and good things experienced, we are working hard to increase our service quality in order to offer a service that exceeds the expectations of our customers. At the same time we want to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. We consider your comments as a good opportunity of improvement.

Our expectation is to have our entire customer back to the resort every year for that reason working on the customer’s reviews and solve is very important for us.

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days during New Years Eve. The rooms are in dying need of an upgrade. The lamps on the nightstands were very disgusting. I covered them with hand towels. The furniture was horrific. I tried to change rooms or even upgrade but all the rooms had similar furniture. I’ve been to DR at least 20 times and never have Ive never been disgusted with the room as I was with this resort.
The resort grounds were nice, the food was good. The beach is lovely and it is relaxing. I enjoyed taking long walks on the beach and the beach restaurant and bar. The New Years Eve celebration was a very nice surprise that I enjoyed very much.
I would’ve definitely referred this resort to friends/family and even revisit if the furniture in rooms were updated.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank cumaylin

Guest ser

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We have been too Blue Bay 3 times. This vacation was our third time. The first two times we were here it was wonderful! The staff was amazing and even helped my now husband plan a special birthday surprise for me. We got engaged at Blue Bay and got married in July of this year. We couldn't afford a honeymoon then so we decided to save up and come back to Blue Bay.
What a disappointment it has been, my travel agent said she talk to someone letting them know it was our honeymoon. But when we got to the resort there was nothing special for us! We were asked it we had documentation that we were married. We said no, and when I called my travel agent she said no.one told her they needed proof!!! Hey Blue Bay I got pictures of my wedding if you need damn proof!!
Also when you have been here more than once you get a different color wristband. We didn't get that either! I fact the staff at the front desk said I could be lying. Hey a-hole look up my name you'll see how many times it comes up!

I can honestly say we will NOT come back to Blue Bay again for a 4th time!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Q4646TBleahs

Guest ser

Reviewed January 21, 2020

The entertainment was great especially Elaine and George. Tjey were alot of fun and the food was good. The bartenders Manual at the pool bar and Santos at the brach bar. The beach is very good. I would recommend this resort.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

- Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for choosing BlueBay Villas Doradas to spend your holidays.

We also want thank you for sharing your review regarding to your experience during your stay in our hotel.

We all hope to have you back for many years as possible.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

My spouse and I came to this resort earlier inJanuary, 2020 at the recommendation of two other couples who had been here before. What a disappointment. We had to pay for our room safe which is ridiculous and it took two hours for a staff to get it operational in our room. Only one room key per couple...again a major inconvenience. Room is very dated and there are no drawers to put clothes in. The first day our room was cleaned, only our bed was made...dirty coffee cups and glasses still on the counter. Pool bar has terrible service on the non poolside. Entertainment is very low quality. We will not be back.

4  Thank sarahbrownsarbro