We travelled to the Dominican for the first time ever for our honeymoon. On arrival we were really impressed with the hotel. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. We were a little disappointed with our room as they knew it was our honeymoon. There are a lot of villas near the pool which we later found out were used for vacation club guests who are on the whole Dominicans. These honeymooners get banners hung from their frontdoors !!
The whole complex was extremely clean and tidy. You would see cleaning staff throughout the day wherever you were on the complex. Everyday our room was cleaned and tidied and fresh flower petals were scattered in various places.
The food was excellent. There was a large selection for everybody. The waiting staff were the best. Especially Antonio. They made our meals a joy without being obtrusive.
The crew were the highlight of the day around the complex. James Bond is MAD... No other word for him. They are all an asset to your hotel.
The one BIG bugbear is that on the weekends from Friday till Sunday the locals descend on the place. They mostly own the holiday villas. Once they turn up you may as well be invisible to the staff around the hotel. They are bombarded with attention to get them to buy the time shares. They are noisy to say the least. They got in the pool covered in sun screen ( even though a sign says it is mandatory to shower first). Once they parked themselves at the pool bar you couldn't get near it. Their drinks were also served in glasses instead of plastic cups. Overall they did not fit in with the peaceful and tranquil setting we were led to believe we were heading for. Having said that they were mostly all friendly. If this is the case to bump up takings in the winter months then it should be stated before people book.
We were also disappointed with the fact that as an all inclusive resort you couldnt get anything to eat during the day unless you wanted a cooked meal. No snacks or sandwiches.
On the whole our trip was wonderful. We really enjoyed ourselves and we are glad we visited Blue Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic