Spent a week at this resort and enjoyed it very much. The room we were is was tired and in need of a update. This said the bed was comfortable and the room very clean. The food at the buffet was exceptional which was a very pleasant surprise. The only meal that lacked a bit was breakfast... the toasters just did not toast properly and the scrambled eggs were just too liquidy for me so I opted for the freshly cooked omelettes. The buffet itself was not grandiose but everything was fresh, tasty and outstanding.
Things that could be better:
WiFi access is very expensive. It cost $60.00 US for 7 days and you get kicked out every 15 to 30 mins so you have to login constantly. For the price my opinion this should not happen.
There is a safe in the room which is great but it cost $3.00 per day. Considering that this is a necessity in the DR and they recommend it, I think it should be included in the price.
The choice of alcoholic beverages are limited, if you want beer, wine or rum... you will be ok. If you want a martini, scotch, gin and tonic or vodka you are out of luck.
There is a small fridge in the room and if you are lucky they will give you 2 beers and 2 pops per day. If you want more it is extra.
To get the electricity going in the room you need to leave the key card in the switch. Sometimes the cleaning staff take it out to save energy. The issue with this one is that they take the key card with them so you have to go get new cards made... And to boot since there is no electricity then the nice cold drinks you thought you had in the fridge to enjoy when you got back to the beach are not cold at all.
Overall we enjoyed it and would come back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BlueBay Hotels & Resorts, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic