just back from bb villa hotel, had a blast, this is a big enough hotel to keep to yourself or mix with other guests around the pools or beach as you feel fit, it is a really well laid out place, and the staff are amazing, if not a little mental !!! LOL :-) the entertainment is mostly by the hotel staff with the odd outside act thrown in, But either way it is good fun and entertaining without being intrusive.
There could be a few changes to the entertainment area, like more tables and chairs as it does fill up very quickly !! If the stage was brought forward and the tables arranged around the pool edge things would be better and less cramped, ( this was proven when 1 night this was done for the band act that visited the hotel !! ) the food is very good and varied, like many other previous reviews
i agree that the buffet restaurant provides just as good if not better food than the al a cartes !! we found the chinese to be the best al a carte , But each to their own !! We had a room right next to pool so as other people have commented these can be very noisy if you like an afternoon siesta or early morning lie in,but otherwise they are ok ( 12pm bar shuts by pool so goes quiet after this )
beach bar is the 24hr one so noise is not near rooms !! Beach is nice apart from constant hassle off beach sellers but if you say no the go away but it does become a bit repetative, Same goes for the guys in yellow t-shirts and blue caps that sell the vacation club( timeshare ) but again if you just say no and avoid them they aint too much of a hassle !! I do agree with others that it should not be allowed in the hotel grounds.
pillows in bedrooms are absolutely useless like sleeping on rocks !!! airconditioning and ceiling fans are a godsend and appreciated as is fridge in room !! towels changed daily as are the beach towels, Plenty of sunbeds around pools and beach if you cant find one just ask and the staff will bring them for you
shopping centre is a 5 min walk from hotel and has good range of shops and a few pubs and restaurants for you to visit also James tours at rear of complex which we highly recommend !!
good value and extremely friendly and helpful and fair
all in all good hotel,food,beach,staff and friendly atmosphere, GO Enjoy !!!!!!!!
Any questions answered if you contact me .......Good holidays...ROBBIE......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BlueBay Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic