I travelled to Riu Merengue Village resort on Mar 23-30 for a wedding I was standing up in. The check in was a breeze considering that there was a party of at least 29 of us and whatever other people were checking in at the time. We arrived to welcome drink and were shown to our rooms. Rooms were spacious for two and there was a lovely balcony to sit on. The rooms needed some repair but we really didn't go for the rooms. The bathroom is updated with granite countertops and nice pressure in the shower. The bar fridge and liquor dispensers were a nice added touch.
The Village is a nice resort to stay at since it is not a big resort and everything is a stones throw. Steps from the pool, bar and restaurant, the beach was right there. If you needed to grab something from your room, it was easy to do without wasting too much time.
The grounds were immaculate!! The pool area was so nice. No lack of shade or loungers. Didn't have to go out at 6am to reserve a seat.
The beach was lovely, again no lack of shade or loungers. Beach bar right there with servers on the beach as well. We used the paddleboats one day and that was really nice. Wanted to use the kayaks as well but the water was too rough for a first timer.
Shopping was plentiful and fun to barter with the shop keepers.
Visiting the other two resorts was a bonus. Was able to catch lunch and breakfast at Garden and the Bachata. Every few feet there seemed to be a bar you could refresh yourself. A nice brick pathway joins all three resorts.
The staff everywhere and at all levels were super. The bartenders were very attentive and always looked like they were having a good time. The bars do close down by midnight but usually we were ready to retire or go enjoy our free 90 minutes of wifi in the reception area that was offered every day.
The activation gang at the Village specifically were outstanding! I dare say they made our trip that much better..a shout out to Shaggy, Spaghetti, Dexter, Popeye and Barbie-we called her that). These people are sooo good at their job and kept us truly entertained all week.
We all hope that they continue doing the great jobs of providing people with fantastic memories!
I for one totally recommend the Merengue Village for a vacation. I would go back in a heartbeat!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ClubHotel Riu Merengue (All Inclusive 24h) is located in Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic, and is surrounded by impressive views of the mountains and a lush, natural environment. This is the perfect setting for unforgettable holidays. The ClubHotel offers all facilities you could need for relaxing holidays away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You’ll find a fresh water swimming pool, a solarium terrace, a gym and the Renova Spa wellness centre with a range of different treatments and massages as well as a sauna. In the Dominican Republic you can find a wide range of international cuisine, but if you want to make the most of your time in this marvellous destination by sampling Dominican cuisine, delicious in both taste and colour, you can enjoy a wide variety of flavours and aromas, as Dominican dishes mainly consist of fruit and vegetables. In the buffet restaurant or themed restaurant you’ll find an endless range of dishes and recipes prepared by our chefs every day. The hotel shares its facilities with the hotel complexes of the ClubHotel Riu Bachata. You’ll enjoy access to the entertainment programme and activities thanks to the acclaimed All Inclusive system. Whether you’re travelling as a family, couple or with friends, you’ll find a wide variety of activities to keep you entertained all day long.. There are areas for enjoying tennis, table tennis, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, bodyboarding, snorkelling, golf, volleyball, swimming and much more. Your children can also enjoy crafts, activities and dancing together with other kids in the RiuLand programme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Merengue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Hotel
- Club Hotel Riu Merengue
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Riu Merengue Dominican Republic
- Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Rui Merengue