Went here from Sept 16-31 2013 for my first holiday with my boyfriend and loved every minute of it!
Rooms- very clean and spacious! Stong air con which is lovely after being in the sun all day! Bit dated but that wasn't a bother for us, lovely balcony space too!
Food- something for everybody with the food! Became a bit repetitive but we were not bothered! Mexican night on a Saturday was the best!
Pool- we spent all of our time up the old Mambo pool which was very quiet and beautiful! No need to get up early for sun beds as there are plenty of them all day everyday! The merengue pool is more of a louder family pool.
Staff- staff were the nicest people you will ever meet! Always make sure that you are happy and satisfied with your visit.
Entertainment- was rather dated but the shows such as the Africa show and Grease were really good!
Locals- Locals came on the weekends, not many of them either! Did not have any problems with them at all, probs because they stay down the Merengue pool!
Excursions- we went to Ocean World and swam with the dolphins and sharks which was amazing! The food here was also included in the trip and is like a buffet! We went to Paradise Island and snorkelled around the island which was lovely, the speed boat on the way there was the best part! Food was also included here and is like a buffet! And we also went on the Outback Safari which was my absolute favourite! You visit a school and meet the children of the village, you go for food (buffet) and they take you to a beautiful beach where you stay for an hour!
Absolutely amazing holiday! Loved Dominican Republic and this hotel! X
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ClubHotel Riu Merengue (All Inclusive 24h) is located in Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic, and is surrounded by impressive views of the mountains and a lush, natural environment. This is the perfect setting for unforgettable holidays. The ClubHotel offers all facilities you could need for relaxing holidays away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You’ll find a fresh water swimming pool, a solarium terrace, a gym and the Renova Spa wellness centre with a range of different treatments and massages as well as a sauna. In the Dominican Republic you can find a wide range of international cuisine, but if you want to make the most of your time in this marvellous destination by sampling Dominican cuisine, delicious in both taste and colour, you can enjoy a wide variety of flavours and aromas, as Dominican dishes mainly consist of fruit and vegetables. In the buffet restaurant or themed restaurant you’ll find an endless range of dishes and recipes prepared by our chefs every day. The hotel shares its facilities with the hotel complexes of the ClubHotel Riu Bachata. You’ll enjoy access to the entertainment programme and activities thanks to the acclaimed All Inclusive system. Whether you’re travelling as a family, couple or with friends, you’ll find a wide variety of activities to keep you entertained all day long.. There are areas for enjoying tennis, table tennis, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, bodyboarding, snorkelling, golf, volleyball, swimming and much more. Your children can also enjoy crafts, activities and dancing together with other kids in the RiuLand programme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Merengue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Hotel
- Club Hotel Riu Merengue
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Riu Merengue Dominican Republic
- Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Rui Merengue