Stayed at the Iberostar 2nd of June for two weeks, party of six adults . We had the most amazing time everything was perfect.
We emailed the hotel before departure to request adjoining rooms. We were allocated rooms with sea view and adjoining rooms.
The rooms were very clean, and bug free.
Amazing, grounds which are kept in an immaculate condition, Marble floors, Fountains, Beautiful Exotic Plants, Flamingo’s, Peacocks, Turtles.
Pool is huge, we never had a problem in finding sun beds at any time of the day. Spent time many hours at the pool playing ball games and enjoying a good swim, working off those extra pounds. The pool is open 7am - 7pm.
Outdoor courtyard, lovely to sit out in the open air at night and still be able to hear and see the entertainment in the background.
In the two weeks we stayed at the Iberostar we never saw any food or empty glasses left on tables for more than a couple of minutes.
Could not fault the food, plenty to choose from. Roast carvery , Pasta, Salads, Fish, Pizza, Spicy dishes the list goes on and on, and all cooked to perfection. The only problem we found was choosing what to eat each evening as you had so much to choose from, we were spoilt for choice.
Speciality restaurants were good our personal favourite was the Tropical by the pool and the Mexican. Not to keen on the Brazilian..
Excellent service from the waiters, treated us like royalty, nothing was too much trouble.
We didn’t know what to expect, as we had read negative reviews on trip advisor before hand. We were pleasantly surprised, yes there is seaweed, but nothing to moan about. Some people should remember it is the ocean.
Warm sea, Palm trees, very scenic, a nice sea breeze and you can walk for miles along the ocean front.. We swam and played ball games in the sea with no problems what so ever.
Again no problem in finding sun beds.
OTHER IBEROSTAR HOTELS IN THE DOM REP
We have stayed at the Iberostar Dominicana in Bavaro and the Iberostar Hacienda in La Roma It is very hard to choose between them each one has something special. One thing that is consistent is the cleanliness in each hotel and the staff will always go that extra mile to ensure you have a good holiday.
The Iberostar Costa Dorada is my personal favourite, my mum preferred the Iberostar Dominicana and the Iberostar Bavaro which is next door to the Domincana.
Highly recommend a trip to OCEAN WORLD fantastic day out. If your not planning to swim with the dolphins take swim wear to enjoy a swim in the tiger pool. It made our day, FANTASTIC
If you are considering the Iberostar Costa Dorada go on, book it. You will not be disappointed it is an AMAZING hotel.
The only fault I could find about this hotel is I could not find anything to moan about and my family will tell you I enjoy a good moan.
We had a wonderful holiday and one day we will return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 516 rooms 498 Double Rooms , 18 spacious Junior Suites ,4 handicap, 10 interconnecting, 27 superiors and 45 ocean view. The colonial-style complex and common areas are surrounded by huge tropical gardens. An attentive multilingual staff helps to make this a perfect vacation experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata