Iberostar Costa Dorada
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)
Apartementos Karibic(Puerto Plata)
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
7,757 results
All reviewsstar friendsthe lion kingpepsi colaorchid gardenlobby barpaellamain buffetbrazilian restaurantjustin bieberentertainment teamdominican republiclobstera la carte restaurantsemailed the hotelkids clubtwo weeksparadise island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed for 2 weeks had a fab time hotel lovel excellent food loads to choose from. Staff amazing some great talent Michael Jackson Cheeky monkey the best i,ve seen what is he on he's amazing. Spider man great guy Bum chocolate good fun had a great cha cha with him . All the team work so hard to give you a great time, dancing amazing they make you feel at home I love latin dancing so I was right at home. We had a ball cant fault anything at this Hotel. Flamingo's at the start were lovely to look at but at the end of the 2 weeks I felt a bit like kiling them word of warning dont feed the flamingo's !! Loved the stay I will go back to theis hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank marthamax
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We stayed here from the 31st aug for two weeks, As stated in previous reviews the flight was good and when we arrived an amazing welcome at the airport what a great way to start the holiday, Almost as soon as we got outside it started to rain but every time we get out to the carribean there always seems to be an afternoon shower not to worry,
On getting to the resort we was welcomed with a fruit punch well needed.
we was led to our room which was not to our liking so phoned reception who changed our room without any fuss,The bell boy brought our bags to our room with a smile so I tipped him $5 because the wife seemed to bring the whole wardrobe,
What can you say about the staff from the cleaning ladies to the management they are truely brilliant they do a job to the best that it possible to be done in my opinion,you have to take your hat off to them.
As for the star friends we do not usually take part in any of the events but they managed to get us up and taking part, well done .there was always something going on if you wanted to take part if not the beach was quiet and great for sun-worshipers .
The food had a great selection if you look around first then make your selection you can have a five course meal every night.
The on-site shop has a wide range of goods deoderant sun lotion crisps milk ciggarettes and so on still cheaper than we pay in england on most goods.
This hotel seems to have good access for people with wheelchairs and they seem to look after people with learning difficulties very well .
I played golf 3 times and just had to go up to the bell-boys desk and they would order me a cab $7 to the course to play the course it cost $75 this includes 18 holes and half a buggey , then you have to pay the caddie which cost 400 peso and then a tip for your caddie on the 17 which he keeps himself I payed him $20 as did my playing partner.

They also have a hairdresser and spa which my wife used and said it was very good she had a was and blowdry and straiten $45 I think?
you can also hire hair straiteners out there which is there voltage so they work a bit better than english ones
We also met some great people on this trip which always helps make a good holiday they know who they are.

I could go on and on about this place but the simple fact is that we are going back to the same hotel in january for the first time,
Well done IBEROSTAR COSTA DORADA

SEE YOU SOON RAY

7  Thank Hairyhamster
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Firstly I will start by saying read my whole review, ignore the bad reviews and read all those other reviews that praise this wonderful hotel like I am about to, but with also a couple of tips! My boyfriend and I flew out on the 30th of August 2009 on flight TOM038 at 10.30am. The flight was pretty good as far as 9 and a half hour flights go, good inflight food and entertainment. As we arrived, I am not going to lie I was in shock! We came off the flight looking right states and were lumbered by 2 beautiful women in tiny bikinis and had a photo with them, my boyfriend as you can imagine was exstatic. Then there was a band a little further along which i tipped as I had never had such a warm welcome at JUST the airport! As we got on the tiniest coach ever, the heavens opened and there was a massive storm. I knew it was hurricane season so I wasn't too worried, I just hoped the weather got better! We were welcomed to the hotel with a refreshing slush cocktail and then taken to our room by Elizabeth Ventura from Guest Services who was wonderful to us throughout our stay. We stayed in room 1007 with a sea view which we had requested! The weather needless to stay got better, thank god!
The entertainment staff never stopped and were brilliant from morning till evening, plus stayed in Route 66 with us trying to teach us how to dance properly, us poor British! A special mention to Bossy Boots, Chuky, Cheeky Monkey, Mickey Mouse and Spiderman who definately kept us laughing! We made friends with 2 couple of the same age which made our stay a bit more enjoyable! The food was brilliant in every single restaurant especially the Brazillian restaurant which you had to book into, just dont eat the sweetbread if you dont like sheeps testicles! The cleanliness of the whole resort, including the beach was top notch. The bar staff were amazing and not stingey on the amount of alcohol, a few times I had to tell them to not put too much in!
My tips would be to take PLENTY of insect repellent as its not cheap in the hotel shop, make sure you take an electronic bug killer to plug into your room to stop getting bitten while your asleep and also go on plenty of the excursions! One in particular was the Outback Safari. Take crayons and school stationary as you visit a local school and they prefer that to money! It keeps them in school and they are very greatful. Our tour guide was Ruddie, and I suggest you request to go with him! He was brilliant and knew so much about the island! Another tip is DO NOT go to the flee market. Our friends got trapped in a shop until they bought something. Anyway, I know I have waffled on but I have to try and get everything in. My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and were very sad to leave. I could not praise this place enough, everything is top notch and you are treated like royalty absolutely by everyone. Make sure you get involved with all the activities because they entertainment staff are brilliant and you will have such a laugh! I strongly suggest to take part in the Perfect Couple show. Get your dancing shoes on though!

6  Thank rachieuwe
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Overall - Wonderful. Recommend it to just about everyone.
Food - Buffet was better than the a la carte restaurants. The beef at the brazilian was great, but all else was nothing special. My wife has a lot of food allergies, and the staff were very helpful if you could get them to understand what you were allergic to.
Drinks - Pina Coladas were the best - just fresh squeezed pineapple juice, coconut and local rum. The wine was horrid. I can't believe some people would drink it. The local sodas are made with sugar instead of corn syrup, so we thought they tasted a lot better.
Staff - Psychotically energetic. One guy had us laughing the whole time. We think he must be on constant caffeine or something. Very helpful and non-threatening.
Rooms - very adequate and clean.
Beach - a little underwhelming, but had plenty of places to lie down.
Pool - large and very fun. Constant music got a little old after a while.
Ambiance - beautiful orchids and other flowers. Loved the feel of the place.
Spa - We only got massages (50 minutes), and although it was a little awkward when the lady massaged my butt, it felt awesome and my wife was right next to me.

5  Thank robby152
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This was my 3rd visit at this hotel and it was just as amazing as the 1st and 2nd.
I am vegetarian and usually most places dont cater that much for us but there was a lot of vegetarian options to choose from at breakfast lunch and dinner. There were our 2 favourite waiters in main restaurant called 'robert' and 'cesar' we had my niece with us who is only 12months old and they always had table ready for us with high chair in place and knives, forks etc moved away from her seat.
The bar staff are very friendly and abit generous with alcohol so always had to ask for not too strong of a drink haha.
Our rooms were cleaned every single day clean sheets, towel and mini fridge topped up everyday. maids were very friendly.
Animation team were do i start..... they are fantastic.... they work so hard from 8.30/9am every day right through until 1am. if you dont see them there are either doing pool or beach games or are rehearsing for the evening entertainment. I personally prefer the shows were the animation team do as they are really funny or the ones were they drag up the audience... the dancers are very good but i personally prefer a good laugh.
I really dont know were they get there energy to be smiling and joking all day long maybe too much 'drinky drinky' as they say ahaha.
My favourite star friend has to be 'cheeky monkey' he was very funny, English was better than mine ahaha, amazing micheal jackson dancer best i have ever seen and above all he has eyes to die for. Will aka 'spiderman' he is adorable his English is also fantastic i asked him how he was and he replied 'cushty' how he knows that word gets me ahaha. To save going on john travolta, MICKEY MOUSE, bossy boots etc are all brilliant.
Hopefully going back next year.... you have to go yous will love it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family