“Best vacation ever!!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami, Florida
“Best vacation ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2005

My family and I stayed at the Iberostar hotel from June 5th, 2005 to June 12th, 2005. We had the best time, the entertainment in the hotel is magnificent. There was always something to do, from daily activities in the pool and the beach to spectacular shows like the Lion King in the evenings. The food was excellent in all the restaurants and the service was super friendly and pleasant. They really go the extra mile to make you feel at home. The rooms are spotless and very spacious. The whole complex is very well kept from the gardens to the buildings and the pool area. The pool was clean and very relaxing. The bars were excellent and there was a very large selection of alcoholic beverages available. We have fallen in love with this Iberostar hotel and are looking into other Iberostar hotels in other parts of the world. This is a vacation that I would definitely recommend and this hotel was really out of this world. This resort was trully a five star resort in every aspect.

28 Thank Alanis628

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,229)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
yorkshire england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2005

We stayed at this hotel May 17th for two weeks and loved every relaxing minute. The hotel is every bit as good as the reports! We E.mailed the hotel teling them it was our 10th anniversary and requested a sea view (we got the room nearest the sea!) block 1 3rd floor. We also had a welcoming bottle of bubbly (on ice), a giant fruit salad and a congratulation card.

The maids were excellent, the rooms were kept spotlessly clean and the mini bar stocked every day.

After reading some reviews before the holiday, we took the advice and took small amounts of make-up,nail varnish etc.. for the maids, and we also took bags of sweets and school eqpt ( pencils, colouring books ) which the children and teachers really appreciated!

We went on 4 trips , forget the fishing, bait is just trawled behind the boat and out of 5 boats we heard about, only 2 fish were caught!

We would recommend the monster truck safari (visiting a typical school and farm amongst other attractions)and the ocean world sea life trip was great fun.

The hotel food was very good- Breakfast - (crispy bacon!) omelettes made to order and all the usual fried food, also cereals, yoghurts,
even fresh made doughnuts, pancakes, waffles and as much fresh fruit as you could eat, the orange juice was particularly nice! -Lunch -varied. Always a carvery, sea food, local dishes, chinese, steak, and salad. I even tried lobster!

The pool was very clean and refreshing, the sea warm and the beach well maintained.

If you are considering a holiday to this hotel, dont worry you will love it !

44 Thank barragas
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2005

i got home from the iberostar costa dorada yesterday!!! and what can i say!! i went for 2 weeks and it was fantastic! i went october2004, and we had to go back!!! it felt like we hadnt left!! few reps we knew had left , but my fave , tun tun was still there!! ive added some photos of my trip, hope you like them.
whoever goes to this hotel will have the time of their lives!!!
a holiday to remember

17 Thank domlover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2005

We arrived May 3 2005, after a 9 hour flight from England and were given a lovely cold cocktail in the tranquil and impressive marble reception area. Yummy!

I was anxious about this holiday as this was my first time to the Dominican, with my mum, (my husband who hates flying, bad back, etc.. he stayed at home with my teenage sons, who are now off holidaying with mates) Well I missed them like mad for about 24hrs and then the magic of the iberostar resort took over and mum and I both chilled and had the most wonderful time.

The rooms were lovely, ice cold if you wanted the air conditioning on full blast, we had a garden/pool view and I have to say the gardens were immaculate and very pretty with fountains, pools, flamingo's and peacocks.
The Restuarants were all lovely the food excellent with tremendous variety we ate 'a la carte' I enjoyed the Brazillian the most. Staff service was excellent, they were often very busy but always happy and smiling.

The pool was impressive in shear size,very pretty and refreshing to swim in, although I do think they should ban young children in the central jaccuzzi, they do have their own pool and play area.

The beach was wonderful and very clean, the sea lovely colours with plenty of fish. Take some bread if you wish to snorkel and the fish will eat out of your hand! I had a bash at windsurfing which I hadn't done for years, I had great fun but ached the next day. There are security men who keep an eye on who is coming in and out of the private hotel beach area. We walked along the beach every day for about a mile or more and felt very safe. There are little stalls where you can bargain for gifts etc.. its good fun .You can be pestered into buying but a straight firm 'no thankyou' does work.

The star entertainment team were 'brilliant' they worked really hard from 10am in the morning (to 1am ) supervising all the pool and beach activities and they had us up and joining in everthing from salsa dancing to archery, it was great fun, we made so many friends.

In the evenings we chilled out with cocktails, champagne or sangria. There were some good shows the 'Lion King' was my favourite. The dancers were very good and the 'star entertainment team' had everyone joining in. They involved the audience in some of the shows ie. Miss Iberostar was hilarious, I was a chicken and wouldnt go on stage, apart from retrieving an item of clothing! say no more!!

'Starly', young 'Issac' and 'Ruddy' were our favourite entertainers, true professionals! they looked after us and would always call mum "My mummy" it was really funny. They would come and find us most nights for a dance and encourage everyone to go to the disco for more fun and dancing, they became good friends. The whole team worked really long hours, smiling, joking, laughing and full of enthusiasm at all times. They were great!

It rained for 2 days and we had booked a trip to paradise island. I booked this with an outside tour operator, which was a big mistake. Yes, it was cheaper but the bus was terrible the trip there took 3 1/2 hours and the same coming back. We set off at 8 am and didnt get back until 7.30pm it was to much of a journey the roads were very flooded and muddy. The lunch if you could call it that was disgusting flies all over it. We just had bread and a beer. The trip to the island consisted of 30 of us squashed like sardines in a boat. The island was pretty but cold and windy, I think the trip should have been cancelled as it was raining heavily back at the hotel. We had some rum and coke to warm up and then went snorkelling. It was warmer in the water than out. The sea was very clear and the fish stunning but that was about it! What a waste of a day. Advice:-Your holiday tour operator has much higher standard of food and travel so go on these trips with them. I did get some money back though!

Mum and I were so sad when it was time to come home, we had laughed and had such fun for the whole fortmight. Mum said it was a holiday of a lifetime and I agree. We have met some great people of all nationalities and have made some new friends. It was a fantastic holiday which I highly recommend and I cant wait to go back. I've been back a month now and still have the holiday blues! Good news is my husband missed me so much he wants to come next time, trouble is he may cramp my style!!!!

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2005

Prior to staying at the Iberostar I read both positive and negative reviews of the hotel. I am happy to say that all of the postive reviews proved true and I did not experience any of the negative. I have been on cruises to Bermuda, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel. My stay at the Iberostar ranaked up there with my other vacations. We had beautiful weather despite what was expected in reports. My room, the resort, the beach, and the grounds were all maticulously kept. The pool and ocean were clean and warm, but remember you are on the Atlantic. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. The reception area was always well informed and welcoming to any questions or concerns. The food and drinks varied and were great considering it was an all inclusive. Iberostart caters to single people, couples, and families. There are activites going on all day long, and they keep the kids very busy. The gym and spa provide great services, I took advantage and got a very nice massage for a reasonalbe price. Overall it was a great vacation and if you want to do tours the hotel has many to choose from, just book it through them, that is the best way to go. I hope everyone has the same wonderful experience I had.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lichfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2005

We stayed at the Iberostar from 24/05 to 07/06 and can report that this hotel lived up to all the glowing reports posted on this site.

FOOD/DRINK : The standard of food in all the restaurants was of consistantly high quality and beautifully presented. The variety on offer at the main buffet restaurant is sufficient to keep you away from the speciality venues, although it is nice to get the individual table service and the welcome cocktail at these restaurants. In addition to the restaurants listed in the brochure we enjoyed beach barbeques and paellas and on one evening a poolside party.
Drinks are free flowing - name brand spirits at the lobby bar and quite drinkable white wine in the restaurants. The " champagne " is actually cava but is still very nice.

BEACH: The beach is actually better than I was expecting from some of the reports I'd read . O.K there is a problem with seaweed but this was cleaned up every day, and generally the beach was a wide expanse of fine sand with a welcome onshore breeze. The water gets pretty cloudy with sand particles but still looks blue enough from the beach.
If you really want the clear blue sea and perfect carribean beach take a taxi ride to sosua ( about $40 dollars return for a minibus )

POOL / GROUNDS : Wonderful, large freeform pool surrounded by tropical gardens. The maintenance effort was unbelievable with an army of staff cleaning , painting and weeding all day long. There was even a guy who seem to be almost permanently on call to fish bugs out of the swimming pool. It was lovely to see the flamingoes, peacocks and terrapins wandering about and added to the relaxed atmosphere.

ROOMS : As advised on this site we had emailed about four weeks in advance and requested a sea view room in either blocks 1 or 5 . This was duly delivered and was very nice. Maid service was excellent and there is a very reasonably priced laundry service, well worth taking advantage of.
Tipping a dollar a day seemed to get the minibar topped on an (almost) daily basis as opposed to every other day

GYM / SPA : There is a pretty serviceable gym which is unfortunately not air conditioned. There is also hot tub and steam room facilities. All of these facilities were quiet.

STAFF : Always friendly and hard working, and seemingly nearly as many staff as guests. Tips are not expected or solicited but hey these guys earn about £100 a month and they are certainly worth the odd tip.

TRIPS : We did two organised trips Sea world and the outback safari. Sea world was quite expensive and probably not enough there to justify a full day. However the £55 a head cost included ( amongst other things ) a swim with dolphins, snorkling with tropical fish and a pretty good lunch
The outback safari was a full, entertaining day including lunch and drinks and was about £40 a head ( £20 for kids )

SUMMARY : We couldn't find anyone with a bad word to say about the Iberostar. Several people had been transferred t the Iberostar after complaining about their own accommodation and were over the moon at the improvement

22 Thank johnycoldears63
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2005

This Is the BEST place in the WORLD!!
The beach was absolutly amazing,it really is what you would call paradise.
I went with my mam and my brother.
which was fun because im 16 and my brother is 21 so we both are sorta into doing the same things and my mam was fun too.
the food is outta this world gorgeous.
The staff are so lovely,always attending you whatever.
The pool was lovely and cool to jump into.
They did the weddings gorgeous over there,so when im getting married its DEFO over there.
The night life is BRILLIANT,the shows are fun because they get you involved in them and then theres the club 'ROUTE 66',
it is soooooooo fun,sit there for a while having a laugh and a few drinks,then 'The Star Friends' bring you upta dance all the time,then ya avta get up and dance the night away with every1,it is sooooo deadly...
I would DEFO recommend this hotel to any1.
So take my advice 'DONT MISS OUT'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member