Please keep in mind this review is for Dominican Republic, not Manhattan.
Reception Area: Open, roomy, welcoming and comfortable
Cleanliness: Excellent with no little reptiles running around. Occasionally, there was a peacock nearby :-) Rooms are clean and tidy. Glasses are clean. Still recommend you to take all your shots before going.
Room space: Very comfortable for 2
Safety: Room has safe. Front hotel gate is guarded at all time and there was a second gate outside the hotel for additional safety. Being next to a casino could bring younger crowds nearby. We walked the area by foot at night and we felt safe.
Convenience: You could use their local transportation such as buses or passenger vans, private taxi, and local taxi (much cheaper but require some Spanish) Location is great. Very easy to get around.
Food: Good for this 4 star hotel. Always someone waiting to serve you during the entire day with a smile. We went out a couple nights until 2:00AM and they grilled us steaks :-)
Amenities: Disco was adequate because most guests were well behaved but good music kept the atmosphere going. Swimming pool was a good size. There were tennis courts and a full size basketball. We love them all!!
Beach: Next to the beach and there were lots to do. Perfect for family, couples or even guys to hang out for a relaxing day.
Staff: Very friendly and always helpful. As drinks were free, the bartenders were always attentive and understood English well.
Entertainment: There were nightly entertainments and excursions (during the day time) available at the resort.
The only pet peeve I had was our departure flight was in the early evening but we had to check out at noon. They were kind enough to take care of the luggage but we had no place to rest or shower after outdoor activities. We ended up paying for an extra half day of accommodation that we thought should be included in the package.
Otherwise, we were satisfy with our experience at the Iberostar Costa Dorada. Highly recommend to all travellers: families, singles, adults, friends-get-together, romantic couples!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 498 Double Rooms and 18 spacious Junior Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata