“Great vacation!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
UK
“Great vacation!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Came here for 1 week and overall had a fantastic time! Staff were really friendly, great facilities, fantastic food and overall a really enjoyable experience. Having only ever stayed at 1 all inclusive resort previously which claimed to be 5*, but wasn't, this place really ticked the box. Food options were great, food choice was extensive and always fresh - had lobster, fillet steak, caviar, real high end! Staff were always smiling and friendly and really appreciated a tip of 1 or 2 dollars. Beach was good, yes you get a few people coming up to, but if you speak to them politely they remember you the next day and wont hassle you again and to be fair they don't really hassle you, they are just trying to earn a living. Rooms were good, tv had a good range of channels - only grip would be the sheets smelt a bit damp, but that's probably more to do with the climate. Staff helped me retrieve some belongings that I left on a bus after a tour, so big thumbs up there. Evening entertainment was really good, a different show each night.

We went on 3 trip - Puerta Plata half city tour (I wouldn't bother, instead just get a taxi to the cable car), Ocean world (highly recommend) and Outback safari (highly recommend).

Overall I would definitely come back here in the future and if the opportunity arises to visit another Iberostar resort elsewhere I will definitely look into it!

Room Tip: stay in building near to the beach as the ones near reception are noisy when the entertainment is on
1 Thank PSP31
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel, and for choosing our premises to spend your holidays.
In the name of Mr. Alberto Herrera, hotel Manager and the whole team, we would like to express how glad we are to acknowledge that our friendly team, exquisite gastronomy, beautiful premises and wide entertainment options ensured you a “great vacation” according to the title of your publication. Our goal in Iberostar is to turning you stay into a memorable holiday.
Please do not hesitate to contact us prior your next visit to any of our more than one hundred Iberostar hotels worldwide.
With kindest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,250)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
ottawa-ontario
Reviewed November 18, 2013

we where there nov 6/13 to nov 13/13.evereything was great. grounds where beautifully groomed and resort clean.fantastic beach and amazing pool.food very good. great variety if you could not find something to eat you should not be in the carribean. staff where very nice and a special thanks to kennedy in the buffet who made our stay great.made sure to sit in his area every day. been to quite a few iberostars in carribean and this one is one of the best. already planning next nov to go back if not sooner. did the outback adventures and was very good with a great quide named manny. super weather not one drop of rain.will be back. hola from Ottawa Canada.

2 Thank time2004
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Alberto Herrera, we want to thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at Iberostar Costa Dorada and for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Hotels and Resorts as your holiday’s destination.
We want to express you how please we are to acknowledge your motivating motivation about the friendliness of our staff members, the variety of our gastronomy and the beauty of our premises which ensured you a memorable stay and surpassed your expectations based on your visits to other Iberostar Hotels in the Caribbean. In Iberostar, as you well know, we seek to ensure our guests to “enjoy being a Star” during their vacations.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
canada
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I just returned today from a 2 week stay at the Iberostar Costa Dorada. I was there with my wife and my two adult sons. The rooms are clean and well decorated . The food is excellent and the service is very good. The buffet is excellent and the 3 specialities restaurants are also very good. The complex is very clean and it is well designed and take care of. It is not to big so the walking distances are reasonable. Great staff and entertainment. The people at the front desk are very helpful.The dive center has a great staff (Andrea Johny Kay Peluqa )and they offer a good selection of dive sites. I recommend this hotel and I will return for sure soon.

Room Tip: The complex is not too big so everywhere is good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jfelix1958
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
In the name of Mr. Alberto Herrera, Hotel Manager, we would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience at the Iberostar Costa Dorada and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
We want to express you how glad we are to acknowledge that the beauty and cleanness of our premises, the variety and quality of our gastronomy and the friendliness of our team ensured you and your entire family an unforgettable experience. Our international cuisine and our friendly staff are the key of our success with more than one hundred Iberostar hotels worldwide.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again. Please feel free to contact us before your arrival.
With kindest regards,
New York
Reviewed November 15, 2013

After a month long renovation my raised expectations were a little disappointed. The food quality and preparation were slightly inferior to that which I experienced just 2 months ago. I was pleased that the occupancy rate seemed surprisingly low. No need to rush to stake out a lounge chair by the pool or beach. Very helpful water-sports staff and 2 fun catamarans for sailing. Beware, unless you are a skilled sailor, the accessible areas for sailing are somewhat limited. Somehow the shallow areas have expanded in only 2 months. The a la carte seafood restaurant was quite good. The daytime activities were well run by an enthusiastic and fun crew.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank foodjack45
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of hotel Manager, Mr. Alberto Herrera, we thank you for posting a review about your recent stay among us and for having chosen Iberostar Costa Dorada once again for your holidays.
We appreciate your positive lines referring our excellent service and beautiful premises which has ensured you another pleasant experience at our hotel. In Iberostar we are on the best beaches worldwide. Likewise, our Executive Chef has been informed about your feedback related to our international cuisine.
We are waiting for your next visit and remain at your disposition for any request you might have prior your return.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Me and my boyfriend just got back from Iberostar yesterday - we stayed there for 7 nights and i must say - we will definitely be coming back there.
On arrival we were greeted with the welcoming drinks and big smiles and although we had a problem with our reservation, the staff told us not to worry and gave us our room keys.We stayed at building no 5 - closest one to the beach, and truly it was a minute away :) the room was very spacious with huge bed, living area, bath/shower, mini bar fully stocked,safe ,etc.We also had a wonderful view on gardens and palm trees which was very relaxing.The food was fantastic - buffet is full of choices, starting from sushi,grilled mussels,meats and food as pizzas,burgers, pasta,etc - pick your choice.We also visited all 3 restaurants - don't miss the Brazilian one ,my boyfriend said it was the best beef he tried in his life - and he is French!:) The whole hotel area looked fantastic- high ceilings, marble floors, flamingos in little water pools, comfy bar area and of course the huge swimming pool.The jakuzzi wasn't working which was a shame, but everything else was working perfectly.And the beach..the beauty!white sand,palm trees everywhere(very handy for the shade as it gets really roasty around midday),a little bar right next to the ocean for cocktails, basically paradise.The evening shows were quite entertaining and during the day you have a lot of activities, like football, shooting, kayaks,dancing, yoga on the beach and many many more! we took 2 tours during the week - to visit and slide through the 12 waterfalls - amazing, don't forget the water camera, and Paradise Island trip - expensive bet definitely worth it ,you will cherish every moment there (take a VIP package and your glass will never be empty :)) .
Overall it was an amazing experience , no fuss at all, very friendly and helpful staff ,gorgeous scenery and unforgettable holiday!

3 Thank AnaMandra
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at our hotel and for choosing Iberostar Costa Dorada for your holidays.
On behalf of Mr. Alberto Herrera, Hotel Manager, we would like to express how pleased we are to acknowledge your positive lines about the friendliness of our staff, the beauty of our premises and the variety of our gastronomy which ensured you a memorable holiday as the title of your publication states. In Iberostar, our staff is committed to ensure unforgettable experiences to our valuable costumers.
We will be more that glad to welcome you back and please feel free to contact us prior your visit.
Yours sincerely,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I, as well as our son stayed here from Nov. 3 to Nov. 10 in 2 adjoining rooms, with room issues right from the start, I was under the impression that they were closed the month of October for renovations, but it turns out it was only for the pool, I think they could have used their time and money better.
The room issue we had the first day was no lights worked in the bathroom, we called but I guess they went to my sons room because when we returned to our room they still weren't working, so after calling again, I decided to wait in the room for maintenance, when he arrived he had to pull down the ceiling panels in half of the bathroom which made a bit of a mess but still took a while to figure out why, so he had to shut off all the power for a little while, but I finally got fixed, we did end up being a little late for our dinner reservations because of this, but it wasn't a problem.
When we got back to our room later that night we discovered that our toilet did not work at all, I did not call that night because it was late, we used our sons washroom that night, its a good thing we had adjoining rooms, they did come to fix it the next day, but it was still running on and on, it was a bit of a pain that night because we could keep hearing it filling up and shutting off constantly, the day after they came back and finally fixed it properly.
Next issue was my iron, I went to iron my shirt for dinner but when I pulled it out it looked like someone did roofing with it, but I looked in my sons room and he had a good one.
Then it was my room safe, I went to open it up to get tip money for dinner, but after hitting 2 buttons "batt" came up then "holdos" came up and wouldn't let me enter any digits, I figured I just deal with it after dinner, but when I came back after dinner it opened for me, when maintenance came up to look at it, he said I just didn't know how to use it, which I took offense, so I just decided to call and cancel the safe but one of the managers wanted to come back up with maintenance to look at it, I agreed, I asked if they could just replace the batteries, so they did, but after replacing the batteries maintenance had a hard time to get it to work again, he ended up having to put in a piece of cardboard to keep the batteries in place so it would work, but while I had the manager in my room I showed him the condition of my iron, he assured me he would take care of it immediately, 2 days later when I had issues with my safe again a different manager came to my room and I gave him the disgusting iron and asked why they say one thing but do not follow thru,
One thing that I did find annoying with the room is the fact that the power went off in the room within a minute of leaving, so the only time we could charge our electronics was when we were in the room.
One of the nights we stayed, the entire resort had no air conditioning
Generally either one of these things might not have bothered me but all combined soured my stay.
The bathrooms are definitely the most tired part of the room with paint peeling off the tub, cracked tiles, rust holes in shower from previously installed items, and really nasty looking drains.
There were some good points, the regular staff are very friendly and hard working, a big shout out to Jose and Filipe at the lobby bar, and to Dee Dee and Joselito on the entertainment staff for their exceptional service and personalities.
Food was good not great and the beach and pool were nice.
Watch out for all the blue mats around the resort as they have curled edges and have seen many people trip on them including my own family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank TropicSteve1966
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for having chosen Iberostar Costa Dorada for your vacations and also for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Alberto Herrera, we would like to extend you our apologies for all and any inconveniences related to your room conditions. We reassure you though that we are working to give the appropriated maintenance to our rooms so our guests do not find issues as those you reported during your holidays. In Iberostar we are committed to upkeep our premises and make enjoyable the holidays of our valuable costumers as you. We truly regret that you left our premises with a different idea of the way we operate here at Iberostar Costa Dorada.
We remain at your total disposition for any assistance and request and kindly invite you to visit us once again so we can show the way we make happy our travelers as hundreds of satisfied guests can testify.
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and a group of 20 some people went to the Iberostar Costa Dorada for a zumba trip... It was AMAZING, the food was great, the beach was great, the staff we're excellent!!!! I would like to shout out to Wiliam the barman at the lobby for his hospitality, and looking forward to seeing you all this coming JANUARY!!!!!!!!!! I recommend this hotel to everyone :)

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank RitataDominicana
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of the hotel Manager, Mr. Alberto Herrera, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for sharing Zumba with our guests on January and for posting a review about your experience.
For our entire team it was very pleasant making you and your friends experience an unforgettable holiday as we aim in Iberostar. For our entertainers it was a nice opportunity to learn “Zumba” and share your classes with the rest of the guests willing to participate in this especial event in our grounds. In Iberostar we want our valuable costumers to enjoy memorable vacations.
We are waiting for your arrival and please do not forget to contact if you have any request before your return.