We just came back from Iberostar Costa Dorada, or should I say from Paradise. We were 2 couples with 2 kids (4 and 13)
The hotel is so beautiful and very well maintained, thanks to the staff!
Staff in this hotel is absolutely brilliant. Starting from the maid who cleaned our room spotless everyday and buffet waiters who where so nice to us and our little girl. Once she wondered to the lobby while we were having breakfast and we couldn't find her, but our waiter went to the lobby and brought her to us. Unfortunately I don't remember his name, maybe Santos? (Thank you!) Not all of them speak English but it doesn't get in the way of serving the tourists.
Beach was the most beautiful beach, even that the water wasn't very clear due to seaweeds and the sand wasn't as white as in Turks and Caicos but I liked that the beach is surrounded with trees, you always have a shadow. And you can walk miles, if you don't mind locals. The locals always approached us, but they were very polite and friendly, we even went to the public beach one day to swim with locals. They are very nice people, very intelligent.
Pools. Very nice and big, with warm water and shallow edge for the kids. But we mostly spend time at the beach, and only after 5 pm came to the pool. Yes, on weekends it was a bit crowded with locals, but that's normal. And shame on you guys who complain about the locals being rude or invasive. Don't forget, this is their country, they pay money for it too and maybe they have a different way to relax or express themselves.
Food. Was very good. Good variety, lots of fresh fish and seafood, lobsters, everything...I don't understand why people complain about food. The only thing that i didn't like is the Brazilian restaurant, because it was too hot to eat, no air condition, no fans. The beef was very good, but the chicken was still raw. I guess we went the wrong day because other people really enjoyed it.
Nice paella on the beach.
Entertainment. I really liked it, some of them were very professionals, some of them not so, but its was better than in the other hotels anyway. Especially Brazilian dance:)
Lobby and surroundings. The most beautiful lobby with lots of cozy places to sit and enjoy your drink, lots of vegetation, flamingos, turtles, birds.
The most important thing - no mosquito or sand flies at all! I didn't get one bite, usually I'm the first who gets bitten. No ants in the room ether. Everything is clean and very well maintained.
The last night we received a surprise gift from executive assistant manager, the bottle of rum, plate of fruits and nicely decorated table. Thank you very much for this nice gesture!
The last thing that I want to mention is the kids club. For older kids it might be perfect but for my 4 yrs old was just OK. The girl who works there doesn't look that she enjoying what she's doing or she simple doesn't love kids, or maybe i got the wrong impression because she always had stone cold face when talking to me, even after i tipped her. She always asked to come back to pick up kids at 12 pm, even its says they open till 12.30 pm. Afternoon the same - pick up at 4.30 instead of 5 pm. No big deal, but i had a feeling that she just want to get rid of them. But she was good organizing kids night shows but as i mention it works only with older kids.
Anyway, the hotel is simple the best where i stayed so far. And i would highly recommend to all my friends - with kids or without kids. I don't think i would come back, but only because the world is so big to explore and the life is so short.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 498 Double Rooms and 18 spacious Junior Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata