Second time in Puerto Plata,first stayed at Jack Tar some ten years ago. Having travelled often over the years I keep an open mind when staying at AI resorts. Iberostar Costa Dorada is a nice resort with potential. Beautiful lobby and nice setup as a layout leading to the beach. Staff is friendly and entertaining and was pleased with the service. Food was alright and there was variety which is good. Personally I most enjoyed the Brazilian restaurant. Keep in mind the Mexican & Brazilian are not available every night and you need to make a reservation in advance. The resort was clean for the most part and the beach was acceptable,don't expect white sand and clear turquoise water.
My only real problem without being picky about such things as slow checkin procedure(could've just been one of those nights) which took about 45 minutes. Cockroach sneaking in my room( for the record I didn't see any other for rest of trip) and try not booking ground floor rooms. My mistake.... Is entertainment. I wasn't all too impressed by some of the shows that were presented and the daytime activities were rather dull and aside from bingo lacked participation. This hotel pertained more towards an older audience. The dance club was for the most part empty. I wish there would've been music playing on the beach during the day as well as I'm sure people other than myself would appreciate that. I recommend this hotel to people just looking to take some sun and have a quiet vacation time. Looking to party and have a wild time, maybe meet some singles? Look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 516 rooms498 Double Rooms , 18 spacious Junior Suites ,4 handicap, 10 interconnecting, 27 superiors and 45 ocean view. The colonial-style complex and common areas are surrounded by huge tropical gardens. An attentive multilingual staff helps to make this a perfect vacation experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata