Just returned from a wonderful eighteen-day stay at the Iberostar Hotel, Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. My wife and I are frequent visitors to the Hotel and have been since the Hotel opened in 2000. Over the years we have become friends with most of the staff and have never had an unpleasant experience. One thing that has caught our attention is their never-ending efforts to provide customer satisfaction including the constant up keep of the grounds and the refurbishing of the rooms. In Building #1, I observed our room was recently painted with new draperies, bed spread and bed side rugs. There is a new security safe for your valuables as well as a coffee maker, flat screen TV and an iron and ironing board.
The flamingo pool, adjacent to the front lobby, has been enlarged and as a result you now have an open view from the lobby into the theater.
We prefer to eat in the main buffet. The food is excellent with a wide range of selections to satisfy your individual taste. There are three specialty restaurants. The Brazilian, Mexican and Beach House. Reservations and long pants, for the men, are required.
The hotel is child friendly. There is a kiddy pool, a staffed children’s club house with a playground and participation in the stage shows such as “Lion King” … a must see. Being an “all inclusive” facility, I have never had to stray far for a cool island drink or my before dinner Manhattan(s). The lobby bar mixologists are very efficient and adequately staffed.
There has been a noticeable improvement in the entertainment at the hotel. There is always a show in the evening along with dancing for all each night. Also, if you are up late there is also the disco, which opens at 11:00 PM for more dancing. The Star Friends are always providing some sort of activities during the day, volleyball, dance lessons, bocce ball, and many other activities.
We know you would enjoy your visit to our casa (our second home). So if you have not been back to the hotel or considering coming to the hotel we know you will be very pleased by all that is offered.
We will be returning in August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 516 rooms 498 Double Rooms , 18 spacious Junior Suites ,4 handicap, 10 interconnecting, 27 superiors and 45 ocean view. The colonial-style complex and common areas are surrounded by huge tropical gardens. An attentive multilingual staff helps to make this a perfect vacation experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata