First of all I want to give an honest review, ignore all of the bad reviews! They are obviously very picky and have unrealistic ideas! From the moment we got there with welcome drinks and a very quick check in we honestly had the time of our lives! We did the dolphin trip (upgraded to the royal swim ... Totally worth the extra money) it was amazing and a dream of mine!! Paradise island on the luxury boat and we had a fab day out. A couple we met there went to paradise island on the speed boat and weren't that impressed! We went on the outback safarri which gives u an amazing insight to how people actually live in the Dominican outside of the luxury resorts we stay in! It was a real eye opener and makes u appreciate how lucky u are! We also did the buggies and got very muddy (my idea of hell but my boyfriend LOVED it) the staff were amazing, always smiling and happy to help! The food was out of this world, the buffet where we eat most nights had a fab variety and we never got sick of it! The Brazilian al a carte is a must! We moved rooms from 9017 to 3118 as I kept gettin bitten at night but the staff were happy to help! The pool was always being cleaned and the rooms were cleaned everyday!
Our rep JiJi was AMAZING!! she helped us with everythin we needed and even gave us a bottle of rum as an engagement present!
The hotel entertainment staff worked their backsides off! Even tho some of the shows got a little borin it didn't bother us as we went back to the bar to taste the cocktails :-) they were brilliant and made us feel so welcome!!
So all in all I couldn't recommend this hotel enough! We came back 2 weeks ago and are still upset we still aren't there!
Amazing hotel, amazing staff, amazing food, amazing cocktails, amazing trips ... An amazing holiday :-)
ps say hello to efrain x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 516 rooms 498 Double Rooms , 18 spacious Junior Suites ,4 handicap, 10 interconnecting, 27 superiors and 45 ocean view. The colonial-style complex and common areas are surrounded by huge tropical gardens. An attentive multilingual staff helps to make this a perfect vacation experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, VISIT US, INC. , TravelUp, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata