Arrived on 14th June, place seemed OK. After 2 days we both had sore stomach and kept running to the toilet. After 5 days had to get medical treatment due to not being able to keep anything in my body and running to the toilet several times a day.
The food is of poor quality and the drink is even worse. There were lots of people who left on 28th June that would never eat in the restaurants and were best customers of the medical center and Pizza Hut at the nearby shopping center.
I would never return to this hotel. Definitely not a 4* Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Dorada, a gated oceanfront community on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, is home to Gran Ventana Beach Resort, one of the country’s friendliest, most welcoming hotels. Located directly on the beach, our Puerto Plata beach resort boasts three pools, a kids club and an airy, cool and fresh lobby. We also offer a superb, all-inclusive value for families, couples and group vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic