What I liked the best about this place:
- customer service was amazing.The staff in the buffet restaurant always were very attentive even when the restaurant was quite busy.
- The food choices and tastes were excellent. The buffet restaurant had different hot food items everyday so you can always try something new. The desserts were delicious. The a la carte restaurants offered great dishes too and Octopus was my favourite. If having good food is important to you, then you will not be disappointed by what this place has to offer.
- Plenty of activities around the main pool area. The animation staff worked hard trying to engage you in activities (dance lessons, darts, bingo, etc), and putting a smile on everyone's face.
- Free wifi in the lobby. There is a lot of room to relax around the lobby area and you can help yourself to a coffee/tea/hot chocolate while using the Internet or reading.
What I liked the least:
- We stayed in the Catalina building and the room with a king-sized bed was rather small for a couple.
- A/C was very loud that we had to turn it off in order to sleep. It then got hot quickly and we had to sleep in the sheets.
- The door to the patio was broken so we didn't get to enjoy the patio.
- Not so impressed with the evening/night entertainment.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic