On the higher end of pricing along the Playa Dorada complex list of hotels, but well worth it's cost.
Accomodations: rooms are small but adequate, although the construction lends itself to more like being in the projects than at a resort. But unless you spend a whole lot of time in your room - its no biggie. If you have trouble with stairs, do not get a second or third floor room.
Food: definitely up there with the best in the entire complex at Playa Dorada, and you cant beat the beach bar for great afternoon lunch.
The Grounds: Nice, and accessible to the beach quite easily. There is definitely a lack of breeze through the grounds, and can get quite warm at times. Find a shady spot near the pool.
The Pool: your typical resort pool, kind of small for the number of guests on a non beach day, but adequate. Pretty noisy, really not any where to escape if you want a quiet time with your better half.
The Beach: much calmer here than around the corner at Paradise, but it does get busy in high season and finding a spot is not easy! LOL
All in all I would say that if you are planning on Playa Dorada, this should be your first choice if food is at the top of your list. Otherwise, I would give it an average Playa Dorada rating.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic