My husband and I booked a last minute trip (booked on Friday, flew out on Tuesday) March 19th to 26th.
The resort is beautiful! We have been to many resorts, both big and small, and this one was one of our favourites.
Check in was quick. When we arrived in our room, it had 2 dbl beds, so we went back to the front desk and within half an hour we had a new room.
We spent most of our time around the pool and there was always a good variety of seating available. We were up for breakfast around 9 every morning and there was never a hard time finding chairs with umbrellas.
The resort is smaller, which we loved; everywhere was very easy and quick to get to.
We didn't spend too much time on the beach because it was quite a bit windier down there, but lots of chairs and the water was gorgeous! No problems with lots of rocks or anything like that.
Food was above average. We spent most of our time in the buffet and the beach hut and the food was always great, with lots of choices and fresh fruit. We went to one a la carte restaurant and it was ok...we preferred the buffet though.
Free wifi around the pool/lobby area was so much nicer than sitting in a tiny cramped room!
Overall, a great time and would highly recommend to anyone! We definitely will be going back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic