VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$176
$250
$242
Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$342
$260
$307
$170
  • Pool
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$340
$133
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$191
$130
  • Breakfast included
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$208
$108
HotelsForEveryone
  • Pool
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$131
$115
  • Pool
Playabachata Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$66
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

5,908 results
All reviewsocean grilloctopusquiet poolcatalina buildingvintage clubbeata buildinga la carte restaurantsroyal packagecarlos santanamain poolswim up barocean worlddominican republicitalian restaurantparadise islandentertainment teamevening entertainment
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My new husband and I spent our honeymoon at Gran Ventana from June 3 - June 8, 2013. We arrived on Monday around 3 pm and we were able to check-in immediately. Our bags were brought to our room within minutes of arrival. We stayed in a Jr Suite in room 2314. We had a view of the beach. We had a King Size bed and the room was comfortable and clean. The bed only had 3 pillows and yes, they were small, but on the second day we asked housekeeping for one more pillow and they cheerfully brought us another pillow. Other reviewers complained about the air conditioning. Yes, it is motion detected but the room cools quickly when you return back to the room. I think the resort is doing a great job of keeping electricity costs down. Why should a room have AC when no one is in the room? Yes, when we were taking a shower the AC shut down but again it didn't take long to cool down again. Yes, it shut down when we were sleeping but all I had to do was raise my arm and wave and the AC kicked on again. I didn't consider this a big deal. The refrigerator was stocked with 2 beers, 2 7-ups, and 2 pepsi's every day along with a refillable bottle of water. We brought our own sports bottles and we could refill the bottles with water at poolside. I never thought that I didn't have enough water or pop to drink. Along with the cafeteria there are 3 restaurants where you can reserve once per restaurant during your stay. The Octopus and the Italian Restaurants were good. Because we were on our honeymoon the Ocean Grill fixed up a table on the beach and served us at the beach. The orange margarita was delicious and I reordered 3 times. The food at the cafeteria was bland which is why I gave a rating of 4 instead of 5. The pool is clean. The vendors on the beach were not as rude as I expected. When Rudy came up to us I remembered his name (also from other reviews here on trip advisor). When other vendors tried to sell to us we told them that Rudy was taking care of us and they left us alone. At the end of our stay we gave Rudy our extra travel shampoos and soap from the hotel plus a packaged toothbrush and toothpaste that we brought. He said he would give them to his wife and kids. We tried to snorkel but there was not much to see. One of the hotel employees told us to bring bread but we were already on the beach and we didn't want to go back. If you decide to snorkel be prepared and bring some bread to feed the fish. We didn't see any. There are lots of sea urchins on in the water in front of the hotel. Don't go out very far walking in the water. You don''t want to step on an urchin. I would go back to this hotel and stay. The cost was very reasonable and affordable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HoosierScubaDiver
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Fantastic Hotel in all ways we stayed here in May and could not ask for any thing more everything about this place is a amazing,Our NHS could do with learning a thing or two about cleaning from the staff there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Oscar G
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a great time!! It was our first resort together. We were celebrating a birthday and the staff made it so easy for us. Dominican cake and balloons were waiting for us at our table at the Ocean Grill. Also, the sancocho and mero (sea bass) were delicious.

We can't wait to return!! The Gran Ventana has one of our favorite pools with a volley ball net and swim-up bar. Dios, we still miss the chinola margaritas.

Los Lokitos

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Los_Lokitos
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My fiance and I visited for two weeks last year in July.

Do not have anything bad to say about this hotel!
Good things:
- Food is amazing
- Staff were helpful, friendly and very welcoming
- The rooms are fantastic, very spacious
- Pool are is lovely
- Animation team is great
- Beach is gorgeous

Can't wait to return again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 88Blondie88
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Fantastic place to stay, food very good, staff very good, we have been twice and can honestly say it was well worth the money. The first time we went, although a few years ago exceeded expectations after reading reviews on here. It really was very good. It was good enough for us to go again so I would say its worth a visit if considering the Dominican.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple