We travelled to the DR Feb. 12-19th. The VH held up to all of our expectations. Staff was friendly and helpful, the resort was well maintained and the location was ideal. Best part about this resort: the beach!!! Beautiful and stretches for miles. You will get approached by locals the first few days however a simple "no, gracias" will send them on their way. We never found it troublesome.
The rooms were adequate. Everything you need, but typical resort rooms. Slightly dated. The beds are a little hard but not uncomfortable. Be aware there are only a few king sized beds on this resort. In retrospect I might have written a quick email the week before traveling to confirm my reservation and reiterate my want of a king size bed. They did have one for us the day after we arrived however, it was located by the quiet pool, which is quite segregated from the rest of the resort. Being a younger couple we preferred to be "closer to the action", so we kept the 2 dbl beds.
Food was good. Nothing to write home about but there is lots of variety, and as a vegetarian I had no trouble finding something to eat. We did 2 a la cartes (Octopus and Italian). We found the Italian the better of the two. We were told the Ocean Grill was fantastic by multiple people.
We spent two days off the resort (coming back each night) doing some scuba diving in Sosua. Highly recommended! Beware that a cab ride to Sosua (~20 mins) will run you 60$. This includes both ways and the cab will wait for you while you complete your excursion.
The entertainment is sub-par however, we don't travel to a resort based on their entertainment reviews. We were aware it was just ok.
All in all, having travelled to various countries throughout the Carribean this resort is perfect for a week long getaway. It is not a luxurious resort but has everything you need for a week of rest and relaxation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic