I came as part of a group of ~25 students post secondary, and we had a lovely time. The staff was generally very good (special thanks to Manuel Angel for being extremely helpful), and tried to make our stay enjoyable. I found the food to be better than I expected, with a few things at each meal that stood out.
Drink service was very hit and miss. We were generally limited to picking up two drinks at a time. It would have been nice to be able to grab 4 or 5 to help serve our tables so that we didn't need to swarm the bar, and the bartenders were sometimes quite abrasive.
The water in our room was cut off in the middle of the night, which unfortunately coincided with my roommate getting rather ill. The staff was fairly helpful in getting us into a new room, though we had to wait a rather long time for the house staff to let us in. The whole process took about an hour, which would not have been a big deal, except for the sickness. The rooms were generally very good, and the staff left us a fruit tray the next day, which was appreciated.
For a group of college kids looking to have a good time, without getting too wrecked, I would recommend this resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino