We returned from Grand Paradise on March 5th after a wonderful week of sun, sand and surf and relaxation.
We knew when we booked that we would not be staying in the lap of luxury and that we should not expect all the fancy things that very high end, 5+ star resorts offer - NO ONE SHOULD at the price that this resort is offered at.
What we received was a nice and comfortable room (the bed was truly very comfortable- often resort beds are no better than a plank of wood with a little bit of stuffing over top and dated bed linens) with decent food (the buffet was quite good - better than the a la cartes), ample alcohol (not premium brands but certainly it does what alcohol is meant to do), warm water (the pool was just fine and the ocean was lovely) and sunshine (6 of 7 days were AMAZING, 1 day of rain).
Each of us has our own preferences but we were very pleased and feel that the resort and all of its offerings was exceptional value for our money and that the vacation was exactly what it was intended to be.
We'd go back, if asked, but we really do plan on doing a bit more exploring of other tropical destinations so it won't be our next trip.
Happy holidays to all.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino