After booking thru a Nolitours travel agent in Thunder Bay on Jan. 24, 2013 who gave a 3,5 rating for the resort, we were looking forward to returning to Puerto Plata to enjoy the sun and the beach for a week from Feb. 19 to 26. Unfortunately, our "Superior Garden view" room (1920) was filthy with a "view" of a delapited building housing the public washrooms and games room on its 2nd floor. Worst off, the resort's night activities were held from 9pm to 11pm next to the pool some 25 feet away form our balcony which meant all the rooms (about 100) around the pool around had to listen to the loud activities meaning no sleep during that said time. We were always short of supplies in the room: facecloths, towels, toilet paper, shampoo. The service was terrible, and smiles from staff were rare. For the food service, it was common to have to wait for set tables as well as coffee cups and juice glasses at breakfast. The food was OK but the Italian a la carte restaurant was gross. As for the beach, it was a very beautiful one but the constant harassing from vendors was extermely annoying and denied us from fully enjoying the beach!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino