Returned from Grand Paradiso Playa Dorada on Dec. 2.
We go to all inclusive about twice every year, have been to Cuba, Mexico, Panama and Dominican before, but have not seen a beach full of sale people like in Playa Dorada, they spoiled our vacation. It is a nice beach but you cannot relax because you are bothered by vendors every few minuets, no consideration if you are napping, talking with friends or reading, they come and try to sell you all kinds of things, the beach is like a market place and this seems to be accepted by the hotel. All the vendors have uniforms and numbers.
Nobody tidies up the chairs on the beach, they are all over the place, there are no umbrellas on the beach and only few by the swimming pool.
No umbrellas in the room so bring your own in case it rains.
Lots of sand flies, some people are really allergic to them. There is nothing really to prevent the bites.
The vine is undrinkable and all drinks watered down. Coffee not too good, no cappuccino or espresso.
Food is tasty but not too much of variety.
Staff are very friendly and helpful, entertainment is good, live music every night before night show.
We were very surprised to see older European men accompanied by much younger local girls for the time of their stay in the hotel, this seemed to be accepted by the management of the hotel.
The resort gets very busy on the weekends with lots of local people coming in.
You get only one key to the room and AC is not working without a key, you can only turn AC on when you are in the room. AC is very load. Rooms and bathrooms are very small, no face clothes provided, towel are very old and washed out. There is a fridge in the room but you only get a bottle of water and coke.
It is a very lively resort with good entertainment, and a really nice beach, but would not recommend for people who want to peaceful relaxing time on the beach.
It is good for those who like to stay by the swimming pool and participate in activities.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino