We just got back from a week at The Grand Paradise Playa Dorada. The rooms were great, the staff was accommodating, the food was good, the beer good and cold, the mixed drinks were watered down and the wine undrinkable.
Knowing this was only a 3 1/2 to 4 star beach hotel our expectations were low. The rooms turned out to be great, well maintained and very clean. The food was very good, but not a huge assortment. The restaurant was nice, open-air and beach front. We didn't mind that the drinks were watery and wine undrinkable - the beer was cold and good. What we did mind was the constant pestering by the time share and beach sales people. It was unbelievable. As you walked down from your room, through the complex, you were attacked by the time share sellers. Then when you went onto the beach, you had to pass a wall of beach sales people. As you sat on the beach, someone came by every 5 minutes - no exaguration. It was very uncomfortable. For this reason, we would not go back to this resort and could not recommend it to others. We travel often, and this was our 6th time to the Dominican Republic. We have never seen a sales force such as this.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino