I have previously submitted a review on this hotel but think in all fairness to you out there reading these reviews, that I should change my submission. We just returned (Oct 19th,2003) from my 5th stay at Paradise Beach Club and Casino. I had read that alot of reviewers were encountering "locals" on the weekends, something I've never seen in prior years. That all changed this time down, as the "locals" came in on Saturday in droves and literally took the place over. All of a sudden, we as paying guests of the hotel became 2nd class citizens because the Dominicans went to the head of the line. I believe the hotel has started this practice to try and recoup some of the lost revenue from the recent downturn in tourism. Almost like biting the hand that feeds them. Other than that, the week was fine. Next time though, I think I'm looking at one of the RIU properties in the Puerto Plata area. My daughter was married in August at a RIU hotel in Punta Cana and believe me, these guys know how to take care of their guests.
I guess the price is right for a budget holiday at Paradise, but like everything else in life............BUYER BEWARE.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino