We stayed here a year ago and are now looking to go away again so I thought I would check out the reviews and see if anything had changed. Apparently not much.
I have to admit that we found the locals showing up on the weekend really did lesson our experience. They were everywhere and took over everything.
While we participated in the games all week and won nothing, the weekend came and it was the locals participaing and they were winning bottles of rum.
I must say though that the entertainment staff were all very accomodating and we had a lot of fund with them during the week.
Sure the food is nothing spectacular, but there was always something to eat and although the basics never changed there was something different everynight.
Our biggest problem during the whole week was with the Nolitour Rep. Believe me when I say that if you have a problem they will not help you. You are entirely on your own.
Not a terrible place, not a wonderful place, but you get what you pay for.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino