My boyfried and I thought this would be our dream vacation since we really had not been on a real vacation in a while. At the advice of some friends and co-workers who had been to "Paradise" we took their advice and said "Lets' Go". Please keep in mind that these friends/co-workers were Dominican themselves. And the nightmare begins....the room was damp and mildew. It was more like a basement environement. The bed spread and curtins had not been updated since 1970 and there was dim lighting. The sheets on the bed were old and dingly. We both became very sick when we entered the bathroom. It had one very dim light and the tub had so much rust in it. You had to run the hot water at least 10 minutes before youd could take a shower and flush the toilet at least three times after each use. The bath tub looked as though it hadn't been washed in 3 months to say the least. It gets better....The same food was served everyday and stray cats and dogs were freely walking around in the dining area begging for food.
Nobody on the Staff seemed a bit concerned that pregnat cats were begging for food. We witnessed a cat that had jumped up on a table and ate some tuna salad that was left uncovered in the Eden Snack area.
Another turn off was that every day, you had a large amount of locals that showed up to use the pool and the beach. I even asked one of them were they staying at Paradise, and the answer was "no my friend, we live here and we come here all the time". I could have stayed home in NYC and went to Orchard Beach and would have been in the same environment. We had to beg on several ocassions for bath towels and face cloths. If you have money to throw away, then visit Paradise. I would not recommend anyone wasting their time going to Paradise Beach Club.
PS. The so called "kitchen" was a joke. It was dirty and old. Also if you like eating "SPAM", then you'll love breakfast at Paradise.....it's served everyday. If this resort was in the U.S., it would have been closed a long time ago by the Department of Health Department. !!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino