This review would be higher except for one thing: when I checked in, the night clerk offered me a "special" rate for the room that I later discovered to be the rate for two people occupying instead of one [I was travelling solo]. The rate sheet was very confusing, and stated the prices only in US dollars, which I had to pay in cash because the hotel's credit card facility was not yet up and running [this was at the end of February 2011; the hotel is apparently under new ownership and undergoing major renovations after some years of inattention and hard times]. The receipt written out by the night clerk, however, was in Dominican pesos, and stated the amount for a single person staying. [I did not check the peso amount against the amount I paid in dollars, as it was late at night and I had no calculator.] While chatting with the morning receptionist the next morning, I discovered that I had been charged the double-occupancy rate,and I asked why that was; the morning receptionist didn't know, and of course had only my word that I had paid the double-occupancy rate. She contacted the night clerk by phone, who denied receiving the larger amount. Since I had no documentation to prove my case, I let the matter go.
Otherwise, the hotel is clean, attractive, well-located right on Puerto Plata's boardwalk, quiet, rooms VERY spacious, although under-furnished, beautiful pool, free wi-fi in lobby area, very attractive cafe & bar areas. I wish them well; but they obviously need to monitor their staff and create a billing/check-in system that protects the clientele.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Puerto Plata Beach Resort, located on the Malecon in Puerto Plata Dominican Republic, offers breakfast and accommodation consists of 23 colonial-style buildings accommodating 40 Suites overlooking sea view and garden, relax in the large pool, jacuzzi and terrace, the hotel also has tennis courts, cafe, bar, spa, parking, reception and 24 hour security. Unique Hotel in the beautiful City boardwalk with great vegetation synonymous tranquility, privacy, enjoy in harmony with nature. And for lovers of extreme sports the hotel has access to the beautiful beach Kite Beach, ideal for those who wish to enter the Kite Surfing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Puerto Plata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerto Plata Beach Club And Casino
- Puerto Plata Beach Club Hotel Puerto Plata
- Puerto Plata Beach Hotel