The 4 of us girls went down, ages 23, 23, 26 and 30, from April 30th-May 6th. Weather was fantastic, very hot, sunny, no rain at all. Not too busy when we went, pool bar was only open the first 3 days we were there, and only one a la carte restaurant, I didn't eat at it, but my friends did and said it was good, (the Mexican). The buffet wasn't that bad, and I'm super picky, I always found at least a couple things I liked. Always ate lunch at the beach, fries were yummy! I didn't think the drinks were watered down, mine were always strong. The staff are mostly nice and very friendly and happy, my favourite was a bartender named Julian, someone really needs to take a picture of him for me since I never got one! He's a cutie. Minnie Mouse was great too. We didn't get water or face clothes in our room cept once and we got towels everyday but once I believe. Rooms are pretty big, we had a superior with a balcony, air con worked fine, water temp was fine, good water pressure, very comfy beds and pillows! The beach was beautiful, no garbage, very clean. Bars closed at midnight and the only food after dinner were little sandwiches and fruit. Went to Hemingways and Mangu 3 nights, very fun, busy spots for the younger crowd. We checked out the disco at the hotel but it pretty much sucked. Girls, be careful who you talk to and do not go anywhere alone at night. We went on one day trip, the Outback Safari, it was awesome, definitely recommend it. Check in and check out were fine, the guy that takes you and your bags to your room is great, I didn't catch his name but he wears a funny safari like hat! Two of us were in building 12 and the other two were in building 21, the room in 21 was much brighter. I didn't see one bug the entire time I was there. The music was great, although repetitive. We only did one water sport which was the banana boat...I do not recommend this! We fell off, I couldn't get back on so I had to swim back to shore all alone. Not fun at all. It was my first time in the Dominican and I would go back, I miss it already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE HOTEL BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA The Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada guarantees you a unique beach holiday in one of the most complete and welcoming All Inclusive hotels in Puerto Playa, Dominican Republic. Specialized in weddings and events on the beach, this hotel is the perfect setting for some unforgettable holidays. Located in the amazing Playa Dorada, 5 km away from Puerto Plata, this hotel for weddings in the Dominican Republic offers endless customized services and state-of-the-art facilities for events: spa, swimming pools, nearby golf, water sports, parties, restaurants... Discover one of the liveliest hotels in Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata: book a hotel at the best price, only here, on the official website of the Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Tropical Playa Dorada
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Resort