Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada
$160
$155
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Breakfast included
Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$155
$122
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$167
$125
  • Breakfast included
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$244
$191
  • Breakfast included
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$120
$91
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$200
$119
  • Pool
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$151
$109
$130
$111
  • Pool
$148
Travelocity
1,450 results
All reviewsanimation teamfried chickenhorseback ridingpineapplea lot of funping pongbeach volleyballa great vacationcleaned dailynightly showsbad reviewscanadablastdancingpesosfranciscohola
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We travel, that is what we do. We spend many days in hostels, hotels and resorts. We have stayed in two star hotels and had a wonderful time. This hotel was not what we expected. The pictures that are being show here are not what you will get when you get then.

To start: This was suppose to be a renovated superior room. First off our sliding doors would not latch they did fix that. Our phone didn't work we requested for that to be fixed it was fixed two days before we left (we were there for 10 days). The hangers were rusty metal hangers and nowhere to put your close, no dresser nothing we had clothes everywhere which is not really something you like that have to do for 10 days. The great wall headboards they put up are horrible, they put the electrical outlets through them but they are not mounted on the wall correctly and when I plugged my laptop in the side headboard fell off and almost hit me. Can't imagine what would have happened if the headboard over the bed fell

the room was disgusting. The bathroom was not clean when we got there, we cleaned it ourselves the first night and it was never cleaned again accept the floor once in a while. Repeatedly we had to ask for towels that were taken from the room and not replaced. We lost hot water for three days and nothing was done when we asked to have it fixed we had to get our tours guide to tell them to fix it. Our shower head was the worse you had to move around in hopes of getting water to clean off. We asked for this to be fixed too but nothing happened.

The bed was ridiculous. it was the most disgusting bed I have ever had to sleep on. It was dirty and stained the worse thing is that we looked at it and then had to sleep on it. The springs were going right through the top of the mattress the first two nights we didn't sleep. We requested a topper or a change of mattress nothing happened. We ended getting pillows to make our own pillow top bed for me so I could sleep with bad hips and back this bed literally caused me so much pain. We requested an extra blanket and got a sheet so we ended up sleep with our airplane blankets. The bench and chair left in our room were also disgusting as they were white and never cleaned.

The air conditioner worked well except it sounded like a transport coming through our room every time it turned on, needless to say we didn't sleep with the ac very often as we just kept getting woken up. We asked for this to be fixed.... never happened.

A light was burnt out in our bathroom we requested it to be replaced... seriously you can replace a light... nope never happened.

And this was just the room.

The food was bland and many times just gross, I ended up eating at the pasta station every night... awesome 10 nights of the same pasta. The salad bar was not always stocked the hot food was taken care of but salad bar was often empty and didn't get refilled until later most times after I was already done eating.

The sun beds was gross as well. I get it they get dirty and that I accept but what I was annoyed with was they were so stretched out that you were sitting on the bars of the chair. They were falling apart either plastic broken, or the string holding the canvas on was broken.

Do I recommend this property, if you want to meet a few nice people that work there, then sure if you want a nice place to stay don't.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CDPenorse
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been staying at this location for the past five years.The staff are excellent and very friendly. The food has , over the years ,become below standards.This hotel is virtually empty of tourists of late and caters to local people from nearby cities to fill rooms and pay bills. This last time there was only eighteen tourists using the facility. Almost deserted.We have decided to use another location for our vacation Jan 16/14.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank garyemily
Reviewed December 26, 2013

entered with a night pass. food was very well presented and also a delight for the "paladar"
wine was all right but nothing to write home about
at the bar after dinner the barman instead of saying the he run off of the spirit i was drinking just went to the backroom and refilled the glass with a very poor counterfit

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kraal_11
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I´m back at Celuisma where I intend to spend a couple of months. So far, management is doing an excellent job changing the culture of the place, the service, and many things. the GM Julio is demonstrating fabulous leadership on many fronts, Carolina Rosario, the Director of VIP relations is outstanding energetic and effective Director and leader-by-example, Carmen the # 2 in-charge is fabulous innovator and effective executive, night manager Ferreira is a hands-on manager and gets things done, and the staff are watching the management team energy and acting accordingly. It is contagious . The improvement is going on and is very noticeable as compared to last year where I spent 3 months. SADLY, the Restaurant has not moved foreward. it is in desperate need for an effective leaderhip who truly understands the business can change things such as the menu, the quality of food and cooking in general, rather than just show up and play the me-too game. The food is a critical part of client satisfaction and if things do not improve noticeably, nor will the reservations! I shall provide a comprehensive report in a couple of months as I assess the real Value for clients´money, and real change.

Room Tip: rooms are being renovated and getting up there. The furniture is a different story, bot nonetheless comfy. Buildings 18, 17, 14, 16 are good especially if upgraded to suite which is not too expensive. The VIP program is being assessed. I just joined it. So-far not clear indicationto meeither way.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank EliGourmet
Santos85, Director Comercial at Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Sir. We really sorry that yor stay with us have not been totally pleasant, we aprecciate your comments. Our goal is to get the total satisfaction of our guest, we are working to take all the measures in order to bring the best services every day. Please don´t hesitate to call us if you want to talk about this matter.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

A little later than planned but back in this hotel for vacation.

This is for an average budget experience in general if you're not fussy you'll be more than ok. Quality of service is as good as always, really good people, in and out the facilities.

The weather and beach were terrific, hard to get tire of spending the day relaxed near the sea, jaja, drinking some 'mamajuanas'. This time my room had an exquisite view, highly recommended if you want to make a little extra spending on the upgrade, by the way, the beach is just a few steps for almost every room on the buildings. Clean, cozy, serves its purpose, again is entirely consistent level with the price.

Animation is always innovating, introducing new shows and new games during the day, is never boring!

To complement, you must seize the nearby attractions that are really something different, ecological, lots of nature, and some adrenaline if you like the extreme experiences.

Definitely be back the next holidays! Kite surf: I'll be back! Highly recommended! Hasta la vista amigos!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo