We went there to celebrate my husband's birthday and what a shock after what we're used to in accomodations....The room was rennovated, I guess that's what they call it but everything was pretty rough...the furniture was beat up, the 2 beds in our room consisted of one with a broken boxspring so we settled for the other one, which was less V-shaped! As for the dresser, you had to hold up the drawers because they were all broken. The missing patio furniture on the balcony was also a let down. We had a fridge that came fully rusted and beat up inside, plus it wasn't stocked with anything, including water like it's supposed to be! At an all-inclusive, we had to buy our own water & beverages to stock our fridge on this resort! If they tell you they have in-room safes, just know that these are pretty old, not the kind where you use a digital pad and create your own combination, these are the ones from antique roadshows where you slip in your key & lock that you get from the front desk...really secure! This place is notorious for running out of stuff like: alcohol, garnishes (i.e. you ask for a Caipirinha but they can't because the hotel ran out of limes), coffee often runs out at meals including breakfast (yikes!). The food lacks variety and not that great. Stick to the beans and rice and you won't be disappointed or get sick! If you like dyed wieners, dry hamburgers and fruit sitting in the sun all day- every day, head for the beach buffet! LOL! My husband got sick off of some of the fruit at buffet, it was terrible, be safe take Dukoral or comparable preventative medicine before you go. The beach is nice but the loungers are pretty sad and beat up, if you want a good one, go early and save it!
We went through iTravel 2000/Nolitours/Transat for this trip, and I would advise you to be cautious if booking with them... They advised us that if we spent an extra $86 we could get an upgraded room which includes a balcony & fridge. So, trusting them, we did spend the money but only unfortunately realize once we got to the resort that all rooms came with balconies & fridges. Upon our return, we contacted iTravel 2000/Nolitours/Transat and explained that, after viewing 4 rooms we settled on one that was somewhat what we expected, because at this point we were exhausted from travelling & also of looking. We also expressed our concerns over the room & resort's condition, far below what we expected, and they offered nothing to that would make up for our troubles, not even offering us a refund for the upgrade cost! After years of loyalty to these companies, we saw just how much they value customers, so BEWARE!!!
YES THERE ARE SOME GOOD POINTS....STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! Especially Vancillio & Roberto at the bar! Although they ran out of most stuff, Vancillio (with Roberto's assistance of course!) definitely made sure there were limes for my Caipirinhas! Of course the minute these guys were off, my drinks were unavailable, guess what? they ran out of limes on those days! LOL
Another bonus is the beach is nice, but be careful, as you know the north coast can be a bit rough!! 5 Stars also go to the beach excursion vendors Ramone, Anna, and Jameson (think that's the last guy's name!) anyway, their excursions are the best prices...and these guys work long hours for little pay and they offer the best rates...they're the vendors on beach wearing white golf shirts that have a logo on the back with their excursion company's name. Don't worry about the beach vendors, if you don't want anything let them know, they'll leave you alone, they're just working...but you have to find the Monkey man, well you'll hear him coming..."I got the monkeeeeys"! He's a lot of fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE HOTEL BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA The Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada guarantees you a unique beach holiday in one of the most complete and welcoming All Inclusive hotels in Puerto Playa, Dominican Republic. Specialized in weddings and events on the beach, this hotel is the perfect setting for some unforgettable holidays. Located in the amazing Playa Dorada, 5 km away from Puerto Plata, this hotel for weddings in the Dominican Republic offers endless customized services and state-of-the-art facilities for events: spa, swimming pools, nearby golf, water sports, parties, restaurants... Discover one of the liveliest hotels in Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata: book a hotel at the best price, only here, on the official website of the Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Tropical Playa Dorada
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Resort