All reviews mosquito net dominican republic outdoor shower other guests bring earplugs private bathroom fun hike eating habits dominican food couple nights cold shower light sleeper breakfast and dinner an excursion accommodations dr casita
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2015

To imagine your stay close your eyes! Feel the gentle breeze, listen to the palms blowing, feel the coolness on your skin, smell the sweetness of the flowers at your porch ledge! You ARE in paradise! The small "lap" pool takes the heat of a tropical day away as you relax with friends both new and old. The food from The Girls is never disappointing! Lodging is a palm heaven with cross ventilation through louvred windows. Any special needs are met by just asking!
The common eating space overlooks the Tubagua valley to the ocean view from Puarta Plata to Sosua shoreline. And one of the best views is from the room with a view hot water shower accommodations.

Room tip: Open air views available with netting on every bed for that tropical feel with never a bug to bite! Front rooms are the best view!
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2015

This place is amazing. The lodge is tucked away up a mountain away from the city down below. So if that is what you are looking for this is the perfect place. Everyone that works here are amazing people to. I would say that they try to make you feel at home and like family, but I think it just comes naturally to them. I would stay here again and I will be recommending it to all my friends.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2015

If you are looking for a cushy hotel with room service and air conditioning, this place is not for you. If you are looking for stunning views over sprawling hills, fresh breezes, and a relaxing natural environment, this is definitely the place for you!

Like no place I've ever stayed, the lodge was a wonderful place to unwind after long days of exploring in the DR.

Just a short drive away from beaches, markets, and more commercialized areas.

Just a heads up that animal sounds are quite prevalent, especially in the mornings, but that is all in the experience!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2015

Tubagua is a beautiful, inexpensive and unique oasis, secluded enough to feel local and out of reach of tourist areas, but close enough to beaches and other attractions.
Myself and five friends visited last week and basically had the whole place to ourselves.
My boyfriend and I stayed in a palapa that looks out over the jungle and mountainside and the small pool area.
The food was delicious -- fruit and coffee every morning, and yummy full breakfast plates to follow. Dinner was always good and portioned well -- and there was dessert every night! :) Free supply of bottled water too.
I was nervous about mosquitoes, but didn't really see many around Tubugua. There were definitely other bugs, but nothing I wouldn't expect from a wall-less hostel on the mountainside. Cute and friendly dogs and cats hanging around too.
Luis - the guy essentially working the grounds during our stay was super friendly, gave great advice and even rode some of our group into 'town' to pick up some alcohol since we underestimated our thirst ;) There is no alcohol provided, but it's BYOB.
Tim - the owner and 30-year-resident of the DR - was friendly and really helpful in helping us prepare for our trip!

Two tips: 1) bring earplugs, the roosters can get really loud in the wee hours of the morning 2) prepare for a bumpy ride up the road to Tubagua, large stretches of the road are unpaved and full of potholes, so warn your driver!

Definitely recommend!

Room tip: Some rooms don't get wifi, I didn't care at all, but just a heads up.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2015

I wish to highly recommend Tubagua Plantation Eco Village to any Eco tourist to the Dominican Republic. Tim Hall and his staff maintain a wonderful little B&B just outside of Tubagua.

The best breakfast I ate on my trip was here! Serving both vegetarian and standard cuisine, I and my brother were well fed and we enjoyed the company of our fellow travellers at meal times.

Clean well appointed rooms made this one of the best Adventure Tourism B&B's i have stayed at in my world travels. Access to guided walking tours and other tourist excursions are also available. Tubagua also offers free wifi to guests, perfect for updating your profile or reaching out to home and family.

This little corner of the Garden of Eden that is the Dominican Republic was a restful oasis.

Tim there are not enough stars on trip adviser to do justice to the beauty, tranquility and peace we found there. Thanks again!!!

Room tip: Pick your view !!! all the rooms offer stunning vistas of the Dominican landscape
Date of stay: April 2015