“So Relaxing...”

Jasmine Spa and Wellness Holistic Health Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Pamper yourself at Jasmine Spa and Wellness. Your day will begin with a tour of the facilities and a peaceful walk along three of the Estate's eight waterfalls and fresh water pool. Enjoy one and a half hours of luxurious, therapeutic treatment from our Massage and Spa menu. A delicious lunch in our dining room, overlooking the lush Jasmine grounds, follows. Tantalize your taste buds with a four-course meal made from wholesome, organic ingredients grown on the Estate.
Los Alamitos, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So Relaxing...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wonderful staff and great facility. I truly thank them for making my birthday one of pampering, relaxation, and great atmosphere. Love this place.

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“save your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

It felt like were in someone’s house rather than a hotel/spa, the poor horses look starving and the balcony garden was over grown. The natural mud bath experience was awkward, you had to walk quite far down steep wobbly steps to a cold plunge pool which was swampy looking, complete with insects floating on top. There we were handed a small amount of mud, a man then sat and watched us (even took photos) putting mud on each other, it would have been nice to have been left alone for this part, it felt quite creepy for us girls. Apparently there was a natural pool next to the mud bath but due to lack of rain this was all dried up. After hiking back up the steps we went for a scalp massage, after a couple of minutes I had to ask the women to stop, she was merely ruffling my hair rather than massaging my scalp, I even showed her how I would prefer it but she continued to pull at my hair leaving it impossible to brush. This is not a spa, it’s a hippy retreat and an overpriced one at that, if you want a massage haggle with the people on the beach ($10 for 20 mins back massage). There is no aircon anywhere, it’s hot and all you want to do is jump in a pool or the sea, save your money and avoid this excursion.

Visited August 2013
Anni2005, Owner at Jasmine Spa and Wellness Holistic Health Centre, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I would like to say "Thank you" for visiting us at Jasmine Spa and Wellness, but your description does not match our place. We are located on 40 acres of rain forest, our horses are country horses. Our paths to our natural pool's are all concrete, so I do not understand where you walked on wobbly step.
Not only our gardens, but our grounds are groomed on a weekly basis.
Our pool and Mud pool are natural and have running water, this is not a place where insects could be floating on top.
Our staff member led you to the pool, and then leave, until and unless you ask them to take pictures. We do not use pictures of clients without their permission. So if clients have asked him to take pictures of course he is there.
We like to pamper our clients and treat them with first class service, where massages are done in open huts and sheets are changed after every client unlike places where the same towel is used client after client.
We have our main building, resturant and relaxation huts where clients can relax and enjoy the cross ventilation breeeze. I am surprised that on your visit you could not find a single place where you could relax.

Anis Kara, RMT
Owener of Jasmine Spa and Wellness
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Paradise in the mountains of Puerto Plata!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I visited the Jasmine Spa on May 22, 2013 with a group of my friends. We all absolutely loved it!!!!! I'll start with the staff, Jonathan is a wonderful host and quite knowledgable of the land and what grows on it, his tour of the grounds and education of what they grew was great. The massage therapists were sweet, professional, and very experienced! We spent a full day there and it was just so serene and welcoming. I walked the labrinth and left my troubles in the center as instructed, I actually felt like a load was lifted when I left it. We had a very tasty lunch full of all types of good Dominican spices. Excellent fresh squeezed guava juice. I have nothing but good to say about the Jasmine Spa and will be back each and every time I visit Puerto Plata. I commend Anis, the owner for creating such a wonderful, peaceful atmosphere and I am also proud of her for employing the surrounding community and providing the children with much needed school supplies like books and computers. You are a saint and may you continue to be blessed. See you soon!
Carmen

Visited May 2013
New Rochelle, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This will definitely be one of the best spa experiences you will ever have. Worth every penny and considering the prices for an hour massage in NYC, this will blow your mind. Every minute is worth spending your day here. From sipping on a freshly made natural juice upon arrival to receiving a relaxing massage all the while listening to the soothing sounds of birds and nearby waterfalls...Amazing. Then all the in betweens like horseridding, tour of their gardens, mud bath, and possibly my favorite...Lunch. Wow, the food was beyond delicious.

I shared this experience with my mom but this can definitely be enjoyed with anyone or no one!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LulyNYC
Somerset, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A little piece of HEAVEN......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place was absolutely amazing. Worth every penny. We did the all day Spa. We had a massage, we had lunch which was delicious and we had facials. We did a nature walk through there gardens and learned of lots of fruits, veggies and herbs. The people were so nice and caring. Unfortunately I was sick and they took care of me till I felt better. What a wonderful group of ppl. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

Visited April 2013