“Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Preston, United Kingdom
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just reading different comments about this wonderful peaceful spot in the Dominican .... This is my second visit & each time I leave I feel I leave part of my heart here ... The staff are absolutely fabulous & nothing was to much trouble .. Jonathan & Ronnie bent over backwards to make our 3 night stay perfect .. It truely is a must while visiting Puerto Plata .. overall some may think its a little expensive, but QUALITY remains long after the price is forgotton .. A massive big thank you to all the staff, your boss should be extremly proud of you all x

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 187062Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Belleville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was my second visit to the Jasmine Spa and Wellness Center and I must say I was a little disappointed. The ladies giving the spa treatments were wonderful and very polite and Ronnie was wonderful as usual. However the host Jonathan seemed to be more interested in texting/talking on his cellphone than talking to us. I had asked him for a glass of water after climbing up the hill from the pools (of course when i asked him he was texting). Needless to say I never received the glass of water.
I had sung the praises of this place to all of my girlfriends and now I'm not sure if I myself Will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank shadeworshipper
Belleville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This spa is beautiful location -gorgeous backdrop, relaxing day pampered, delicious lunch and informative
A real turn off was the host who was on his cellphone the whole time, often walking away to continue his texting. This ruined an otherwise perfect day

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Denby1989
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My fiancé and I spent a day at Jasmine Spa and Wellness a couple of weeks ago and we both absolutely LOVED it!! The personal attention and the surroundings are beyond words, perfection!! The spa services we had were extremely professional and luxurious, we had full body massages, facial, pedicure, mud bath and paraffin wax treatments along with a tour of the grounds and everything they grow there from spices to fruits to vegetables and each one was shown to us and most were provided to us for tasting. We had a simply amazing meal made from all ingredients from the property. Now my fiancé is not a spa guy at all and only agreed to go because I wanted him too, he absolutely loved it!! He asked more than once when we could go back :) We were lucky to be on the same flight as the owner Anis (who lives in Canada) and we had the opportunity to talk with her and hear her story. She is extremely inspirational and her devotion to her community and all she does for them really amazed me!!! We will most definately recommend Jasmine Spa to everyone we know and We will return each time we go to Puerto Plata!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Brandi_girl73
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked a day at the spa through our Nolitours Rep. and had the best time. It's nestled in the mountains and you're treated with the utmost hospitality as soon as you arrive - the grounds are gorgeous; the view is breathtaking; food was delicious; massage was awesome and the people were amazing. Excellent way to my spend birthday.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Karma H
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This spa is the perfect complement to a beach go-ers vacation. I went here with a friend during our stay in Puerto Plata and let me tell you we were SUPER impressed. The whole idea is that the owner (who is really friendly by the way, and Canadian) is a massage therapist and started the place as a way to give back to the community. What a find! We were pampered upon arrival with fresh guava juice.

The highlight of this experience for me was the mud bath. I have never experienced anything like this before and it was fantastic. The lunch was also a welcome change from the typical resort food. The best part of the meal is the attention to detail and the owner gave us an explanation of why certain items were chosen.

Overall, excellent experience.

Recommended for: people looking for a "retreat" style excursion and are in Puerto Plata, couples, newlyweds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NadirPT
Blind River, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

One of the most idyllic places I have visited. Staff were amazing, massages were perfect as was the mud bath. I would recommend travellilng to the Dominican just to do this!

We had a good vacation though everything had felt so busy that going into the mountains to this spa on our last day was perfect. We needed the quiet and peace that we found at the spa. Surrounded by nature, birds and the sound of a waterfall, it was perfect.

Sampled many local herbs and fruits, very interesting, the tequila cucumber - my new favourite fruit. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple