This wonderful place in the clouds was recommended by a dear friend.
She described the vista's the flora, the fauna, the treatment rooms, the pool, the fresh foods and juices and the people who would be looking after me.
2 weeks of healing both body and soul were what I had in mind and that is exactly what I got when I arrived at this hidden gem, Jasmine Spa in Tubagua.
I had a beautifully appointed room with a very comfortable bathroom (loved the shower). My mornings began with a lovely breakfast (yummy oatmeal cooked a la Dominican style or if I had wished any version of eggs , toast, sausages etc ) taken in the dining room looking out to the range across the valley. Fresh fruit juice, coffee and a holistic concoction of neem leaves and fresh lime juice were also on offer. Then I was led down the path to the treatment rooms.There is nothing that equals the peace and harmony of hearing the breeze in the trees and feeling the fresh breeze on my skin while having any one of the different style massages offered by the very able and caring staff. After the massage I was free to go for walks down to the pool or through the gardens.
The pool is a magical place ...it's where I found the time and the solitude in nature to heal my soul. Lunch was always an occasion. Most of the ingredients for all the meals are grown from their own gardens resulting in very tasty food enticingly presented. Beautiful fresh squeezed juices ...papaya, lime, passion fruit or mixed fruit juice were always available. Dessert was always a surprise fruit sorbet.
After lunch a lazy hour swinging on the hammock, reading in my oh so comfortable bed or just snoozing till the next round of pampering. i.e. a facial or a manicure or a pedicure. After that another session in the pool that heals (that's my name for it) and then a therapeutic ultrasound treatment on my back and legs. It was the utmost in pampering. The staff could not do enough to make me comfortable and happy. My every wish was their command.
The 2 weeks flew by much quicker than I had anticipated. I had arrived somewhat nervous, in much pain and quite stressed. I left Jasmine spa so very thankful for having being given the opportunity to experience a magical 14 days. I left calmer, more relaxed and confident that my journey to wellness had finally begun. Thank you Tasheen, Ronny, Jonathan, Renee, Maria, Morena, Odelinda, Ani, Radeson, Andreson, Senora Catherina, Papi, Domingo and finally Anis without whom this magical experience would not have been possible for me.I hope to be back. Gracias y Besos para todos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jasmine Spa and Wellness Centre is the Dominican Republic's newest mind, body and soul get-away. Our boutique facility offers customized programs for families, small groups, and individuals. Jasmine Spa and Wellness Centre is nestled amongst 40 acres of lush rainforest in the Cordillera Septentrional region/ area of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. The natural beauty of the landscape creates the illusion of a sanctuary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Jasmine Spa and Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jasmine Spa And Wellness Holistic Health Hotel Puerto Plata
- Jasmine Hotel Puerto Plata
- Jasmine Spa Puerto Plata