“Great food, great scene!”
Review of SBG Santo Domingo

SBG Santo Domingo
Reserve with OpenTable
SBG Santo Domingo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 622 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the center of Santo Domingo, SBG Santo Domingo is a restaurant with exquisite decoration, cosmopolitan atmosphere and avant-garde cuisine, where respect for the product is the priority. Committed with creativity and good taste, the restaurant offers an international menu loaded with innovative ingredients and combinations. Joaquin Renovales, chef and soul behind the group's fires, will delight you with dishes that are not on the menu, is famous for that. The atmosphere is exceptional, diverse and pleasant, and its salon - packed in each service - is a meeting point for businessmen, professionals and international celebrities. SBG is the place par excellence to share a highly recommended dining experience in a warm environment and delight the senses in more than one way.
Miami, Florida
“Great food, great scene!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

A must stop while in town, great food, great service, great ambiance. The sushi, the crab (centollo) the guava-cheesecake, everything is good. You can also go for drinks, its a great place to hang out.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lualdi M

“Great food & good service”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is great and the specials of the day are interesting to say the least for persons that visit Santo Domingo often.
This is my personal favorite restaurant in the capital, food and atmosphere.
The only regret is the wine selection by the glass they need to have 3 or 4 types with different prices so persons wishing to have a good glass of wine without drinking a bottle have an option.

Miami, Florida
“Very good!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in town on business and my client took me out here. We had already eaten a bit at the hotel, so weren't starving when we arrived. I wish I had saved my appetite for here! The restaurant decor and vibe is as nice and chic as any place in Miami or LA. I was told it turns into a bit of a lounge later on, but I had an early call time and just wanted to eat and run. We ordered a bunch of apps I stead of mains, and it was plenty. I ordered the lentil soup, which was good, but not spectacular, and the creamy corn---ah-mazing! Super sweet, not sure how....maybe brown sugar?? Lots of butter, a little cheese. More like a dessert, really. The real standouts, though, we're the seafood dishes. My friend ordered tirada de something (sorry, my Spanish is as bad as my memory) and it was basically fish carpaccio with a small column of avocado salad. All of it was dressed in lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Simply prepared with excellent ingredients. Others at the table ordered seared tuna and salmon tartare. Everyone loved it.

All in all a great place with a cool vibe. I'd love to go back, but next time I'll make sure I'm starving!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank carlye25
Santo Domingo
“Perfec place, perfect food!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We ate with same quality of any high end restaurant in New York, i really recommend the New
York steak, i ordered it medium and it was what it was, just perfect, i also ordered peas with cured ham. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Luijo
Perth, United Kingdom
“Fine Food and Ambience - Place to be Seen”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had dinner here with a work colleague (a native Dominican who said it was her favourite restaurant). She has very excellent taste. There is plenty of space inside and out. It is very "trendy" in terms of decor and also in terms of the clientele. A fairly young and affluent clientele was observed. Service was really professional and the food more than matched expectation - Red Snapper Ceviche, Shrimps in Bacon, Paella, Sea Bass followed by a couple of excellent desserts. Very scrumptious food in a splendid ambience. When we finished our meal I noticed that every table in the restaurant inside and out was taken and I am reliably informed that it is mostly essential to make a reservation to guarantee a table.

• Visited August 2013