All reviewszona colonialcalle las damasquiet streetbreakfast was deliciouswithin easy walking distanceisabelplazacathedral
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This hotel...5 rooms is just wonderful. Where it is located you can't really beat the area...very quite and at the same time very near to many things downtown. If you want to have a romantic get away ...be in the old section of town, and no TV, this is it. They do however have free WiFi if you don't want to be too romantic.

Elizabeth (Irish) and Edwardo (Portuguese) are just wonderful hosts....and very interested in helping us out....i had numerous doc appointments.

great little bar and restaurant(the Spoon). Also want to say the chef (from Spain) is just a wonderful chef....
Had an opportunity to go to the Spoon Restaurant's open house and the people were just great.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Stayed at the Coco Boutique Hotel one night before heading to La Romana for a week. My BF stayed two nights. We had the Morning Dew room which was all white and lovely! Small, by US standards- but ever so lovely. Bathroom was adequate with a large shower, and incredible smelling bath products (shampoo, gel, etc.) that i wish i had taken with me!
While the room is small, you don't have to stay in there. The rooftop bar was undergoing renovations, but downstairs is a very welcoming lobby. The entire place is soo beautifully decorated as well. Please see their website for VERY accurate photos.
The BEST thing about this hotel, and it's been mentioned before - was Eduardo, the owner. He was sooo accomodating and friendly! He greeted us outside the door when I arrived from the airport (note: I also used the car service from the hotel arranged via their website. the driver was totally on time and reliable!) He gave us great suggestions for places to go, eat, etc. and even a bodega to have a beer at for a true Dominican experience.
Lovely, lovely hotel. Lovely staff. If I end up in Santo Domingo again, I will absolutely stay there.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My girlfriend and i travel to DR about 4 times a year. We are from the Cibao region and usually stay in our own homes. When we travel to the capital we always stay at Coco boutique. Perfectly located in the Old Colonial city, it is a short walk from a bunch of attractions and shopping. Also a longer walk/ short drive to El Malecon and all the great restaurants there. The owners are very friendly and knowledgable. I found security to be very adequate. The room was very clean and AC was good. The breakfast was wonderful. The roof top deck is the perfect place to either wind down or get ready to head out into the night. My girlfriend and i have recommended this place to few friends and they have loved the experiecne as well.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Coco Boutique Hotel was the easiest experience I've ever had travelling. From the first communications with the owners, Eduardo and Elizabeth, to the last cocktail I had there, it was a breeze. The same breeze that gently blows through the white washed lobby, making the sheer white tulle curtains in the windows float and ondulate . Eduardo speaks perfect English, and even though my Spanish is great, I still appreciated the continuity with home. Being small, the hotel has a very cozy, familiar feel. There is very little noise, inside or outside. Coco Boutique is situated in a quiet corner of the colonial city, where two old streets converge on a little parquette dressed in a terracota-colored stone and framed by white balustrades overlooking an old Spanish military fort. Beyond it is the Caribbean, which I could see from my second floor room window. My room was small, impeccably clean, with a good bed, a well functioning air conditioner and a spacious bathroom. There was no telephone in the room, but you can use one at the reception for short calls. If you bothered to bring your laptop, there is Wi-Fi access.
The staff was very obliging and professional at all times. The hotel serves a basic breakfast of fruit, bread, juice, coffee, ham and cheese. There is also a menu from which extra dishes, like scrambled eggs, Spanish tortilla or Spanish crepes, can be ordered.
I regularly ordered from the extras menu and they were all great. The crepes were amazing! At the reception, one can order alcholic and non-alcoholic cocktails and ice cream, very refreshing and reasonably priced. One feels secure and well taken care of at the Cobo Boutique hotel. The unobtrusive and modern design is the labour of love of Elizabeth, the owner, who also runs an interior design company. Travelling alone or with family (rooms are of different sizes), this hotel is a little gem, your home away from home in the middle of the boisterous Santo-Domingo.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Excellent staff responded to my needs with sandwiches and a bottle of wine (very good wine, low price) after a long day of frustrating travel.

My room was pleasantly small, minimally furnished, modern and color centered.

Conviently located in the southeastern corner of the Colonial Zone I could walk to restaurants and museums safely.

Wonderful breakfast, great staff, happy guests, candles in the sea breeze on the roof top with a view of the sea and a gentleman propriorter

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo